Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Three corners don't close in this case. They came from three different non perpendicular flanges.

Theorist
Theorist

Can anyone help to close these type three corners?? @Dave_Walker

Three corner_full.JPGThree corners dont closes. They came from non perpendicular flanges.three corner.JPGHow to put the top side flanges in same plane so that both faces match each other?three corner.JPGTop two flanges (three corner)are in parallel plane . how to match both the edges?

12 REPLIES

Re: Three corners don't close in this case. They came from three different non perpendicular flanges

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @Omar_bd

Can you provide  a part file as a starting point?

thanks

Dave

Re: Three corners don't close in this case. They came from three different non perpendicular flanges

Theorist
Theorist

I cannot attach the NX 11 file. When attempt,  the browser says "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type."

try the link:    1. I want to send it to your email address?

2. How can I swap the sketch orientation : X to Y direction and Y to X direction

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhYHEBhqIANghCg3U_U8dndcUa7j

cant attach.JPGcant attach the part file

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Can you zip it and then try to attach the same?

Best Regards

Kapil

Theorist
Theorist

Find the part file attached

Siemens Phenom

Yes, attach a zip or 7z file and it should be OK

Theorist
Theorist

Attached. Thanx

Theorist
Theorist
for the part file, try the link
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhYHEBhqIANghCg3U_U8dndcUa7j

Siemens Phenom

Hi @Omar_bd

I got one of the site admins to get me the attached file (for some reason I cannot download it directly).

I had a quick look at your part and can't immediately see what the issue is.  I'll ask one of the development experts to have a look if they have time.

I do have some receommendations you could try:

• Do not use the internal sketch in flange command, it can cause problems (add material using secondary tab)
  • Use Miter option in closed corner for better geometry.  I've attached my part so you can review the technique
    2018-02-13 10_05_09-NX 11.0.2.7 - Sheet Metal - [Three corner_Omarbd.prt (Modified) ].jpg
  • try building your profile in modeling to get the separate faces at the right angles and then use sheet metal from solid command to generate the flanges.
  • I think the Three Bedn Corner issue is to do with the mismatch between the flanges
    2018-02-13 10_06_54-Siemens NX - Sheet Metal.jpg

If I do not find anything obvious, you may need to raise this through GTAC so we can look at it formally.

Sorry I can't give you an instant answer right now.

thanks,

Dave

Siemens Phenom

Hello @Omar_bd,

I now have detailed feedback for you on this part.

There are two issues:

1. Using custom sketch profile in the flange feature results in issues with the created geometry as shown in Fig1
    Fig1.pngFig 12018-02-15 09_47_49-Siemens NX - Sheet Metal.jpgFig22018-02-15 09_48_03-Siemens NX - Sheet Metal.jpgFig3
  2. The angles of the flanges are also causing an issue here however I do not have an exact answer to why.  Changing the angles a little does allow the result to succeed - I'm still working on that issue.  Here's the finished geometry created in the latest NX12mr version.  Fig2 shows the created corner (please note the visual appearance of three bend corner is not complete in the formed state) and Fig3 the correct flat pattern for manufacture.
Highlighted

Three corners don't close in this case. They came from three different non perpendicular flanges.

Theorist
Theorist

Can anyone help to close these type three corners?? @Dave_Walker

Three corner_full.JPGThree corners dont closes. They came from non perpendicular flanges.three corner.JPGHow to put the top side flanges in same plane so that both faces match each other?three corner.JPGTop two flanges (three corner)are in parallel plane . how to match both the edges?

NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (84)