Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

trim by forming region derectly is not working for NX 12 PDW

Experimenter
Experimenter

I did not find any problem for older version when I try to design die forming insert die for dimple feature, I created a datum plane, then draw the sketch of the die inserts, after the finish, I found the box for trim by forming region directly went to grey.I also tried to check this box first before create plane and sketch, but obviously, the forming region did not trim the forming insert die..there must be something wrong for the newer version, but I20171214134551.png could not figure it out myself.

2 REPLIES

Re: trim by forming region derectly is not working for NX 12 PDW

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @davidkwock

You may get a wider audience if you post this in the main design forum.  However, I shall direct our PDW experts to this post to take a look for you.

thanks,

Dave

Re: trim by forming region derectly is not working for NX 12 PDW

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks, Dave, I am wondering if there is something to do with Iray+Ray traced studio, the metal sheet body disappear in drawing layer 111.So there is no sheet body could trim the insert body.

Highlighted

trim by forming region derectly is not working for NX 12 PDW

Experimenter
Experimenter

I did not find any problem for older version when I try to design die forming insert die for dimple feature, I created a datum plane, then draw the sketch of the die inserts, after the finish, I found the box for trim by forming region directly went to grey.I also tried to check this box first before create plane and sketch, but obviously, the forming region did not trim the forming insert die..there must be something wrong for the newer version, but I20171214134551.png could not figure it out myself.

NX Sheet Metal
NX Sheet Metal

This group is dedicated to the discussion of Sheet Metal in NX.

Members (84)