Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Color Sensor in NX MCD

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

Can somebody help me out here. I am looking for a color sensor in NX MCD. Is it available or is there any other way to detect color. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Regards,

Kazmi

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Color Sensor in NX MCD

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @kazmi ,

It seems that it's not availale in MCD. You'll have to find workaround for this.

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @SamadhanGaikwad ,

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering about the material type sensing. For example is it possible to differentiate between different materials (e.g. PVC and Aluminium)?

Thank you

Regards,

Kazmi

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @kazmi ,

What issue are you facing when trying to follow steps from below post?

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/NX-MCD-Capacitive-sensor-Check-mater...

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello @SamadhanGaikwad,

Thank you so much and it surely is helpful. But the problem is I have the same material and different colors. I tried using category option and I am able to recognize based on color but pieces are not sitting on top of each other (As same category materials collide with each other) and affecting the whole process. Is there any way around it? 

Thank youCollision.JPG

Regards,

Kazmi