Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try out our new post processor online service - NX CAM Post Hub (beta version)

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Authored by Florian Weisse, Siemens PLM Software

If you have worked with NX CAM software before, you probably have been looking for a post processor or a support kit for your new machine tool. We believe there are many fitting and well-tested solutions out there and would like to offer you a new way of finding and test driving those with Siemens NX CAM Post Hub (beta version).

Siemens PLM Software is introducing a new platform to browse and offer existing post processors more easily and to give you the chance to try out your test part with a new machine kit before you finally decide if this post processor is the right one for you.

NX CAM Post Hub.png

You will need to upload your data/test part to the Siemens PLM server and then you can post process the CAM program with one of the many machine kits and post processors available in our library directly in your web browser without the need to install them into your Siemens NX CAM software. We offer both free and commercial solutions through Post Hub.

If you have found a valid post processor or machine kit, you will see the contact details of the author and you can reach out to them to acquire it. At this point we do not offer direct sales through the tool – the goal of the NX CAM Post Hub is to connect users who are looking for a post processor with those who offer them.  With NX CAM Post Hub you will be able to test as many existing post processors as you like before you decide to buy them.

At this time we are asking interested users to try out this beta version and to provide feedback to us. Also we would like to work with content providers to add their content to this new platform as well.

In addition to this article we are providing a comprehensive slide deck with information and a getting started guide, as well as the required NX user functions to try it out yourself.

Let us know what you think about the Siemens NX CAM Post Hub beta version, and please send us an email under posthub.plm@siemens.com or comment directly under this text.

Downloads

Siemens NX CAM Post Hub Introduction slides:

https://cam.dm-labs.com/downloads/Post_Hub_Introduction.pdf

Siemens NX CAM User function to run Post Hub:

https://cam.dm-labs.com/downloads/Post_Hub_User_Function.7z

Siemens NX CAM Post Hub Introduction video:

(view in My Videos)

Disclaimer

The Siemens NX CAM Post Hub is in beta state and meant for evaluation purposes only. There are restrictions applying when using this online service which I outlined in the linked slide deck. We will try and keep the service running 24/7 but we cannot guarantee its availability nor its available capacity. Also the generated NC code from Post Hub is not “machine-ready” and should not be used to drive an actual machine tool – this would be on your own risk and it is only meant to give the user an example of what G-code the available machine kit can produce.

Comments
Solution Partner Visionary

Please see the picture for results of testing today and the email bounced back from (posthub.plm@siemens.com):Post hub error.JPGPost hub results....

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

DM_Apps,

I've fixed the problem, there was a blocking post processor in debug mode (DMU65). I set this one invisible since we reset/substitute that post. Everything should work now.

Can't see why "posthub.plm@siemens.com" bounces back on your side, ran several tests which all went through.  Please comment if this still does not work on your side.

Thanks for posting

Siemens Experimenter

Since I had some discussions on data security I want to emphasize on the fact that your data is secured with posthub.

- We are using an encrypted upload/communication line (https)

- All the data on the server is removed at sign-out or timeout of the session including the uploaded part file(s)

Siemens Experimenter

I discussed prerequisites for those who want to provide kits for this platform. Prerequisites include:

• The CAM-Setup is well prepared (e.g. unique tool numbers, spindle speed > 0, error free generated etc.)
  • The machining type of operations is supported from the selected post
    -> check kit information about machining type
  • There is no UDE attached
  • The CAM setup does not have any specific ONT settings for a specific postprocessor
    (e.g. ONT structure, naming conventions etc.)
  • The postprocessor MUST NOT raise any blocking user dialogs for warnings/errors 
  • Simulation is currently not supported
Siemens Experimenter

There are some comments/requests/observations I want to share with the community:

• Part-file names to be uploaded must not contain blanks, since this is currently a problem.
  • The CAM session on the server does not allow partial load. So an assembly upload need to be complete. All part files, which make up an assembly are identified and uploaded (as you can see in the video).
    Therefore the menu dialog in the client NX already throws an error, if a referenced part file cannot be found on the local machine.
  • From our logs I can see that some people using the app for the first time need some attempts before they successfully establish a valid connection. Since we don't record any personal data I can't grep the root cause(s).
    Please mail background information to posthub.plm@siemens.com on any problems you have with connecting to or using posthub.

Thanks

Siemens Experimenter

Hi Folks,

two machines from NCmatic are available now:

• Grob G350 5-Axis Mill XYZ-AB Inch
  • Yasda PX30i 5-Axis Mill XYZ-BC Inch
Siemens Experimenter

Hi Folks,

Some news:

• four machines from JANUS Engineering are available now.
  • An updated NX user function .dll is available for download
  • You can get to posthub without NX with: https://cam.dm-labs.com/posthub

Genius

I try to use posthub but I get this error below  
What is the reason

1.JPG2.JPG 

Siemens Experimenter

Hi SahinSanli,

Could be a license problem or soemthing else. Need the system log for further evaluation.

Can you send the log to  posthub.plm@siemens.com

Thx

Genius

I sent  log file  

Thank you