cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipv6 and Siemens license daemon

Genius
Genius

Hi

Does the Siemens license daemon support ipv6 addresses?

If so what needs to be enabled to get it running? Will it be ok to just enable the ipv6 protocol on the network card?

We have recenly enabled Direct Access from Microsoft to replace our current VPN solution. what has been discovered is that we can get license for our NX and Teamcenter Visualization programs when running Direct Access.

Jörgen

4 REPLIES

Re: ipv6 and Siemens license daemon

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @jormah,

At least the last few PLM License server versions support IPv6. If you use the latest one from our website, or the on provided with NX 11.0, you should be just fine. There is however one remark I found:

When setting FNP_IP_PRIORITY=6 as a system variable, NX 11 and Solid Edge ST9 work as expected.

If you set FNP_IP_PRIORITY=6, then the IPv6 address resolution is performed, if this resolution fails then it attempts for the IPv4 address resolution.

Questions from the customer:
Is this a solution that we can use for NX with Direct Access?
Are there any disadvantages setting this variable?

I’ve checked this with the Common Licensing Support Team.
There are no known issues or disadvantages.
This issue sounds like a name resolution issue. Customer may have to use fully qualified names in the license server settings and in the license file on the SERVER line

So I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Genius
Genius

Thanks Dennis!

I will request to enable the ipv6 protocol on our license servers and then test to set the FNP_IP_PRIORITY=6 on my client to check if this gives me the license trough Direct Access.

Will update the post when it's done but not before mid August. (don't want to change anything just some days before my holiday :-) )

Genius
Genius

Hi

So I have now test with setting FNP_IP_PRIORITY=6 and it works to launch NX11 and Teamcenter when connected by Direct Access. Thanks Dennis!

Also tried with Visualization 10.1.6 but here it failed. Maybee it requier version 11.x also so I will test that as well when as we plan to go to Teamcenter 11.3 during autum.

If anyone know that it only works with Visualization 11.x please feel free to comment.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @jormah,

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry I cannot answer the Vis question. Not my expertese. Just thinking out load... Are the vis license comming from the same license server?

Also I know, sometimes application don't work when running remote desktop. i.e. NX and a node locked license will not start running remote Desktop. Vis too???

But it could be the Version 11.x, others might comment on this?

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software