Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Chairman's Chat with Nate Hartman

by PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor on ‎05-31-2017 11:10 AM

Hartman photo.jpg

Hello PLM World Community,

It is with great enthusiasm that I write to you as your new Chairman of PLM World. I have learned a great deal about our organization and community over the last three years of serving as Vice Chairman. A big thank you to Mark Halbish from TI Automotive for his leadership during that time!

I look forward to using that experience to help this organization continue to move forward as it provides a forum for connection and collaboration around the Siemens PLM toolset and their drive towards realizing the digital enterprise.

As I reflect on the recent Siemens PLM Connection in Indianapolis, I am encouraged by the flexibility that the separate tracks/connections the agenda offered our attendees. The new approach was designed to help you get the most out of your conference experience. I’m also extremely inspired by our attendance numbers – a significant number of people attended our annual event for the first time. This continued growth is something I look forward to cultivate.

You should have received the post-conference survey survey via email. If you have not completed it, please take a few moments to do so. Or if you would like to comment more directly, please reach out to me or any of the PLM World Board of Directors or staff. We value your feedback.

Even more importantly, if you would like to become more involved in the PLM World community, we can always use volunteers for the following opportunities.

• Numerous Committee positions
  • Regional User Groups leadership roles
  • Strategic Innovation Teams and Working Groups
  • Influencers to contribute content to PLM Quarterly newsletter and the PLM World Community

As Chairman, in addition to the overall stewardship of the PLM World organization and leading the Board of Directors, one of my contributions to the community will be through educational opportunities. While this may seem obvious given my day job as a professor at Purdue University, I have a keen interest in continuing and professional education, for helping people remain sharp and effective in their jobs. As such, one of the initiatives that I will be encouraging our Board and staff to consider is the leveraging and use of our content outside our traditional events, as well as the creation of new content.

If you have an idea you would like to us to explore, educational content you would like to develop, or techniques around the Siemens PLM toolset you would like to share, please drop me a line and let me know what thinking about.

My very best always,

Hartman_signature.jpg

Nate Hartman

Dauch Family Professor of Advanced Manufacturing
and Associate Head of Computer Graphics Technology
Director,  Product Lifecycle Management Center
University Faculty Scholar
Co-Executive Director, IN-MaC
PLM World Chairman

Purdue University Polytechnic Institute
Indiana Manufacturing Institute

Top Kudoed Posts