Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message from the PLM World Chairperson

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hartman photo.jpg

Hello PLM World Community members,

It is with a sense of optimism that I send my message today.

While transition and change can be difficult, I believe we can embrace the idea of Siemens PLM operating the user community and its accompanying events as an opportunity to make the community stronger and more engaged. The PLM World organization did a fantastic job over the years of being a voice for the user community, particularly in recent years as the agenda content for our events and community engagement became more dynamic and interactive.

As the Siemens PLM portfolio has grown, it has been increasingly difficult for PLM World to address all aspects of that growth from a resources and personnel perspective, and as such, Siemens’ engagement at this time will allow them to bring resources and staffing support to the community and events in a way that is reflective of the portfolio growth. Please give Siemens the support and attention that you gave to PLM World so that they can earn your confidence and trust.

In addition, just as the community and events will be changing, PLM World will be changing as well. The Board of Directors, with the support of the user community, has elected to pursue the creation of an educational foundation. The foundation has a vision and mission to support the transformation of the current and future workforce towards the idea of the digital manufacturing enterprise, through activities such as curriculum transformation in our various levels of technical education around the world, incumbent workforce education and certification options, and growth of a community and career enhancement programs to name a few. Please be on the lookout for information about the status of the foundation.

Finally, a big ‘thank you’ to each one of you for your support and engagement with PLM World over the years. We could not have done it without you.

My very best always,

Nate Hartman

Chairperson

PLM World