Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12= Has anyone encountered &| resolved this bug in PlantSim User Interface ?

Genius
Genius

Every once in a while a single left click on an object triggers the PlantSim HMI to bring up a solid frame outline (often oversize for the object just clicked on) which then disables the HMI actions within the frame - many times I had to close down and restart PlantSim.  Sometimes I can just click outside the frame outline and carry on (as below).

It baffled all the course instructors as it happened several times during the course worked examples too.

First image below shows an example.  The mouse is over first MU as WIP on WS_RIght, and it should display MU info as per image that follows - however HMI is disabled for all mouse actions within the frame.

Am running Plantsim Ver 14.1 

Long term issue - object explorer brings up hollow frame.Gif

Long term issue - this is what should display.Gif

~~~~  1st post in thread  ~~~~

4 REPLIES

Re: 12= Has anyone encountered &| resolved this bug in PlantSim User Interface ?

Genius
Genius

Some more info just come to hand.

I should have mentioned above that it was a single left click on WS_Right that triggered this bug.

I noticed that if I zoomed in on the schematic I could then select this WS again and query the MU WIPs.  However anything still within the old hollow rectangle area on the screen is still disabled.

For example I cannot change the simulation End time (see image - trying to click on End: field simply brings up the hollow rectangle, none of the HMI works within this deadzone anymore).

So effectively this simulation run has now crashed.  Sometimes a restart of PlantSim is not sufficient to clear the problem, have to load a totally new model to clear it.

Long term issue - clicking anywhere in the original rectangle brings it back up.gif

Re: 12= Has anyone encountered &| resolved this bug in PlantSim User Interface ?

Phenom
Phenom

If you think this is a bug, you should forward it to the GTAC (Global Technical Access Center)

Genius
Genius

Thanks - will send them the URL for this thread

Genius
Genius

Useful piece of info for when I forward to GTAC :-

When it occurred again, I experimented with trying to drag objects into the deadzone rectangle (not allowed), then trying to shrink it by dragging the boundaries.  On one such attempt, the deadzone area was filled with an Event Debugger window.

So it appears that the problem is caused by changing context using Alt-Tab in Windows, when it returns focus to PlantSim, it does not properly restore a window that was on top of a full screen schematic window, and as soon as one clicks inside where this window was, it draws the outline of the window only but nothing else.

The image below shows the  shrink cursor.gif  shrink cursor where I was trying to drag the outline, and suddenly it filled the hollow rectangle with the Event Debugger window and then everything was back to normal.

Long term issue - the hollow deadzone rectangle was the outline of this window.gif

So this seems how to fix this issue.  It may take a few shrink attempts to get it right, this still TBD.

This problem may be specific to my well linted-up version of Windows, as quite periodically Alt+Tab gets disabled - and I have to revert to using the far inferior [Win Key]+Tab or Ctrl+Esc methods to swap focus until I take the pain of restarting Windows again.