Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: 18=Is there a way to perform indirect addressing in an object's formula ?

Genius
Genius

Strange problem now - the first method below simply does not work with a SingleProc, for the life of me cannot see what I am doing wrong (when I can get back to work I will try methods 2 and 3 with it - for now raising this problem)

Methods 1-3
<processObject>.setSubAttribute  ( "ProcTime", "formula", "<actual formula>")    
<processObject>.ProcTime.setParam(             "Formula", eg "1+2")    
<processObject>.setAttribute     ( "ProcTime",            5)     

18=Cannot assign ProcTime parameter to SingleProc.Gif

I made 2 dummy MakeIndex objects in the HybridLine to investigate, the ParallelProc works with all name and line locations but the SingleProc simply spits the dummy (F8 properties show it does have a ProcTime attribute)

It must be an obvious reason but I simply cannot see it ...

Betreff: 18=Is there a way to perform indirect addressing in an object's formula ?

Phenom
Phenom

Please check, if the proctime of your station

is set to formula (s.b.) before setting the formula by station.setSubattribute(...)

Unbenannt.PNG

Genius
Genius

Got two birds :-

<< I'll make sure I use a mix of both, to keep future options open.  Might find out some interesting pros and cons of each with use.

<< will experiment a bit and post back with some concrete examples

with one stone :-

The setSubAttribute method does not work if the object's attribute type is not Formula,
however setParam changes the attribute type to Formula, so use it across the board.

// MakeIndexer = Parallel Station with ProcTime a Const
/* First one below fails, second one works

root.AsIsLine   . MakeIndexer . setSubAttribute( "ProcTime", "Formula", "2:01 -- +A+HR#59 Injection Moulding M=1 F=1");  */

root.AsIsLine   . MakeIndexer . ProcTime.setParam(           "Formula", "2:01 -- +A+HR#59 Injection Moulding M=2 F=1");

Today is International Emoji Day Man LOL