Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21-Worker for Setup activity only - can it be done easily?

Genius
Genius

Hi community

I'd like to use the worker to be used for the setup of automated workstations with no worker time for the actual fabrication process thereafter. A search of the forum yields only fairly involved solutions,

1) Splitting the process into a setup process and fabrication process each with its
    own workplace and footpath
    (a lot of work once the model has been put down)

2) Using importer control methods
    (looks complicated given conceptually a simple segregation of setup and fabrication activities ought to do it).

It seems that a very simple solution was anticipated by Tecnomatix developers.
It looks to me that separately brokered services were intended for Fabrication (albeit called "processing" in the tab), Set-up and Failure in the Importer tab - see here.

21-Worker for Setup process only.Gif

So my solution would require me to just activate the Set-up brokered service and leave the Processing brokered service not activated - nice and simple and intuitive. However all efforts to activate it are unsuccessful.

Was this (viz. separate Processing[my Fabrication] and Setup operations) a future feature of Tecnomatix that is still to be completed?

The Set-up tab was even autopopulated from the "Processing" tab so part of it must have been implemented.

(I noted that the Repair tab was autopopulated to the default broker, and also to the StandardService - so I'm guessing repair actions will activate and operate as expected using a worker from the pool - which gives hope to the expectation that the setup brokered service should work too.)

For background, note this is a sub thread of this question

Thanks in anticipation of all help and suggestions

~~~~  1st post in thread  ~~~~

4 REPLIES

Re: 21-Worker for Setup activity only - can it be done easily?

Phenom
Phenom

If I got your request right -

just switch off "Common resources" in the setup tab

to activate the setup importer

Genius
Genius

Thanks simulator --- yes - NOW it works just like I expected it.

But it would not deselect [Common resources] the first time I tried many ways to do so.

I tried it again with WS_2, which won't allow it to become active (as per first attempt with WS_1) - so there must be a missing step I am not aware of ...

21b-Worker for Setup process only.Gif

Phenom
Phenom

Once you have deselected the "Common resources"

press the "Accept" button ,bottom right of the dialog window.

Generally speaking you should make pressing the "Accept" button to

a common habit when changing values etc. in a dialog window

Genius
Genius

Oh no!!!  Another one of those FP_12.gif moments.

I tell you what, make trade :

When a universal undo/redo is implemented in PlantSim, by then I will have remembered to hit [Accept] every time that it is needed.