Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 degree Video Plant Simulation - Virtual Reality

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everybody,

I asked myself, if it could be possible to make a 360 degree video of my simulation.

My Idea: I could send the video to my colleagues alle over the world. They just need a mobile phone and a 10$ Cardboard.

With the camera paths it's possible to make a lots of videos with different point of views, all i have to change is the rotation parameter. But i didn't see any option to stitch the videos together to one 360 degree video.

Regarding this i have three questions:

- How can I start video recording, simulation and camera path animation simoultaneously?

- Does anybody did a 360 degree video before and has a recommendation (Software) how to do this with plant simulation?

- Are there any activities from siemens to implement this option in a new version/ update?

Thanks in advance,

Carsten

6 REPLIES

Re: 360 degree Video Plant Simulation - Virtual Reality

Phenom
Phenom

@1 have a look at F3DRecordVideo(fileName)

@2 yes, s.b. + attached video,
      the green animation path was generated through Plant Simulation simtalk code 
      in one loop. No stitching of individual animations , which is also possible.

@3 For sure Peter Komarek from Siemens can anwser this question.

Unbenannt.PNG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There are no immediate plans for such a video creation although we do plan to support more 3D hardware which goes into the same direction to a certain degree.

When it comes to video recording and camera animations for creating stereo videos (which is the case automatically if you talk about the cardboard attempt), a colleague has experimented with this - what you will need to consider is that you basically record two videos or a video consisting of double pictures, one for the left eye and one for the right one. These have to have a slightly different view which you can achieve by calculating a camera path for a neutral view and then deriving two eye views by adding a small offset for the eye distance to every point in the path. Then you record a video with the "left paths" and another one with the "right paths". These videos then will have to be put together. I have not done this myself but I saw a working result video.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Thank you for the answers!

I mean a video where you can look around (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/360-degree_video).

Therefore you need to stitch videos from different perspectives together.

@PeterKomarek

Did your colleague tried it with 360 degree?

Do you know which software he tried?

Did you like the result?

Thanks in advance!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I actually do not know much about what exactly he created and how. What I know comes from a discussion we had while he was making that video about how to proceed, the only actually discussed topic back then was the camera path creation, the rest was just the stuff I picked up on the way and remembered.

I just asked him to try to answer these questions to you himself Smiley Happy

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

@simulator 

dear simulator 

I am intersted in your model ,can  you share it,I want to have a study thank you !捕获.PNG

Phenom
Phenom

@njIly

Please find attached the cleaned up model, containing the

code for the Camera animation path ("a") ( s. mcreate0..mcreate2 methods)

Unbenannt.PNG