Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Animation - Worker

Pioneer
Pioneer

Good day.
I am doing my project in 3D. I added in my Worker Jack.s3d the file. I have seen on another project posted here in the forum worker walking shake your legs, and in my project it just "floats" on the FootPath. How can I do this?

5 REPLIES

Re: 3D Animation - Worker

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Martins,

open your Resources folder in 3D using the context menu in the class library.

Then right click your worker and select 'Exchange Graphics...'.

Now you can choose Worker_Jack_6.s3d, Worker_Jack_15.s3d, Worker_Jill_6.s3d or Worker_Jill_15.s3d.

The number in the filename is the number of poses. More poses means more memory consumption.

But be aware that the walking worker is only available in V11TR3 and above.

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf

Siemens Phenom

Actually, the walking worker is only available in version 12 and above.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello. I wonder whether it is possible to create my own worker models and add the walking animation to them. And if yes, how; o.w. why? Thanks in advance.

Siemens Phenom

Hello,

this is possible - but it requires some background:

First of all, the walking workers are animated as sort of a slide show. For each the carrying and the "empty" state of a worker, there is a set of poses that are just switched through. The set corresponds to two steps that the worker makes, so a reasonable sequence should cover these two steps (e.g. moving the left leg -> moving the right leg). These two steps will be animated while the worker walks 1.48176 meters (this is double a common definition of a "standard step length", also findable as a Roman passus).

If you now have such poses, create one graphic group for each and assemble the sequence of graphic groups you want to step through in the 3D properties dialog page "Graphic Sequences" of your worker class.

It might be a good start to analyze the poses of the existing worker and of the four walking exchangable graphics files that come with Plant Simulation.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I never understood why the Worker animation was implemented this way. If the PickAndPlace robot has a kinematic animation, why not the Worker? All the data is readily available (Jack software!) and kinematics seems much more flexible to me.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com