Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Mu animation on the SingleProc

Creator
Creator
Please help in resolving the issue of 3D animation:
MU enters to the workstation ( SingleProc)
In specific intervals Mu has to change vertical/horizontal position ( anchor change) and/or rotation
e.g. after 10 s Mu moves at Z=1, after next 20 s Mu moves at X=1, Z=1.5 etc..
I try to use the command _3D. MuAnimation.createAnimationpoint ....
and wait <s>;
 but there is no effect of Mu position change.
I write the commands in the method
What correct commands should be used to change the 3D Mu position in this case and how to initiate control method ?
If possible, I would ask for an example....
9 REPLIES

Re: 3D Mu animation on the SingleProc

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The SingleProc "animates" MUs on the path "Default".

To change that path, you can use the following code (assuming your SingleProc is named "MySingleProc" and your values are in variables x, y, z:

local t : table;

t.create;

MySingleProc._3D.MUAnimations.Default.getTable(t);

t[1,1] := x;

t[2, 1] := y;

t[3, 1] := z;

MySingleProc._3D.MUAnimations.Default.setTable(t);

The "createAnimationPoint" function is used to create (not change) a single location as does the "Locations" sub-dialog of the MU animation property page in the 3D properties dialog with a set of locations.

However, if you want to have a moving MU on your SingleProc (it looks a bit that way), you could also extend the Default path and the MU will move along that path.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Creator
Creator

Thank You very much !

It works.

My SingleProc has an "arm",  as subassembly.

Is it possible to attach the MU to the arm and move it together, with time an position control ?

Siemens Phenom

If you're working on version 11 or above (and since my advice worked, you do), this is possible.

In that case, you would do something like that:

1. Make an Animatable Object out of your arm. In version 11, this is the context menu command "Make Viewer Object with an empty class selection afterwards), in newer versions, this is the context menu or ribbon command "Make Animatable Object".
  2. Define an animation redirection to your arm. Say, your arm is named "arm", then this is defined with the SimTalk line
    MySingleProc._3D.AnimationObject := "arm";
    In version 11, there is only the SimTalk way to define this redirection. In newer version, you can also define it in the MU Animation page of your respective object.
  3. Define a SelfAnimation that animates your arm (you can do that in the 3D Properties dialog of the Animatable Object) and make sure it is played when it shall start:
    MySingleProc._3D.getObject("arm").SelfAnimations.MySelfAnimationName.schedule;
    MySingleProc._3D.getObject("arm").SelfAnimations.playAnimation;
  4. Add an MUAnimation path to your Animatable Object that defines how your MU shall behave on it (this is virtually the same as you did on the SingleProc itself).

Creator
Creator

Creator
Creator

Hi,Peter

Recently I want to achieve the process in 3D space that the arm which is a subassembly of singleproc transports the MU to a place.However when the arm is rotating after the MU entrying,the MU is static!It cann't rotate with the arm.

Is it possible to attach the MU to the arm and move it together, and can we use simtalk to achieve it ?

Could you provide a sample?

Thank you in advance!

Siemens Phenom

Yes, this is the AnimationObject attribute (actually, I described it in this very thread some posts above) - you can set it either in the 3D properties dialog of your SingleProc or via SimTalk by assigning a string to _3D.AnimationObject.

All that should be necessary is to write the relative path to the MU carrying animatable object, say, "Arm" or "Arm.Subjoint" or similar, depending on you actual model.

Creator
Creator

Hi,Peter

I did the job accordding to your adice,but  I still cann't make it true!

Could you provide more details?

Here is my model.

Thanks a lot!

Phenom
Phenom

Here is where you have to place the animation object ("A")

Plus please add an MU animationpath ("default")

to the animationobject and redefine the animationposition.

Unbenannt.png

Siemens Phenom

Thanks simulator, I forgot the part with the animation path. I supposed that the path was there because the description was that the MU did not move and not that the MU was not there at all.

Anyway, that should be all, unless you already changed your animatable object otherwise:

The "show content" flag in the animatable object should be set (but that should be so by default - and it is set in your object).

I checked this in your model: after adding the animation path, the MU is visible again.