Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D - See the Mu on a singleproc outside of the frame

Builder
Builder

Hi all,

I've a problem. I have modelized several complex machines as a frame. The frame contains a succession of singleproc, as a representation of the operations on the mu....

In 2D, I understand how to easily make appears outside of the frame the mu's which are inside.

But how to do it in 3D ? 

Moreover, is there a 3D tutorial for the use of frames ? Or a complete tutorial on the 3D in plantsimulation ?

Thanks in advance !

4 REPLIES

Re: 3D - See the Mu on a singleproc outside of the frame

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In 3D, this is pretty similar:

Open the 3D properties dialog of the frame, switch to the tab "visibility" and activate the checkbox "Show contained objects and graphics". Then the SingleProc will be shown outside.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Builder
Builder

Hi Peter,

It works very well, but now I can see all the methods and the singleprocs...

I've used an external graphics to represent the machine. So, technically, I only need to see the external graphics and the Mu, but not all the objects inside the frame.

A solution could be to erase all the graphics of the objects i don't need, but, is it really a good solution ? How can I access to these objects after ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

For that you could switch all graphics of the contained objects invisible (the switches are on the tab "graphics" in the 3D properties dialogs of the objects).

That way, all the graphics are (techincally) still there, you can access them as before in the structure dialog or via SimTalk. Visually finding them, however, will of course become difficult that way.

If you wouldn't have wanted the MU to be there, verison 12.1 would offer the solution of hiding these objects from the outside representation but since that would also affect the MU, this seems to be no solution for your use case.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Builder
Builder

Ok I'll try that.

Thanks !