Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D-Shuttle System

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi guys,

i want to model a shuttle-system like in the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7rvZlv3H1w). There fore i use several cross sliding cars.

For the racks on the left and right side i use 2 stock-objects. For the several levels i use different tracks of different cross sliding cars named CSC_Ex (see in the picture below). The x stands for the level of the rack.

Regalaufbau.png

The different levels get MUs from another cross sliding car named CSC-Lift.

To display the different levels in 3D i can overlay the positions of the level cross sliding cars.

Now is my question how can i display the lift in 3D, so that the cross sliding car moves in the z-coordinate instead of the x-coordiante like it does in 2D?

The model in the picture is just an early version so it is kept simple. If there is already a standardized solution to model such shuttle systems let me please know (i couldn't find something similar in the internet).

Thanks in advance.

Carsten

(if you need my model please let me know)

3 REPLIES 3

Betreff: 3D-Shuttle System

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello DubWay,

the project you want to simulate sounds very interesting.

I woulfd recommend to start with Plant Simulation 13.2. Look in the HBW library, there you will find some of functions you will need and the library is not encrypted.

You also can look at the EOM library, there we have implemented a lifter for several levels.

Use 3D for modeling, there you can stack up several 'CSC', one for each level.

Use the functionality of the Lifter in the HBW library to load and unload the boxes.

If you have any detailed questions, please contact me.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello GG,

thanks for your quick reply and your suggestions. I got the info from my boss that i will get the version 14 in 2-3 weeks. So i will ask again if i had the opportunity to use your given suggestions.

Is in the new version also the possibility to change the look of the cross sliding car? i use currently the version 13.0.2 and can only change some parts of the track.

Regards,

Carsten

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello DubWay,

look at the HBW library. The rack serving unit is created in the same way as the cross sliding car.

In HBW library the methods are not encrypted, so you will see how the RSU is created and you can adopt the sequence for creating the RSU to your needs.

The RSU is driving on a basic track object.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution