Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D View Error

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

When opening any model and choosing to view it in 3D, I am presented with a garbled 3D view as shown in the attachment. The attachment is an example when I try to open the example model "Small Parts Production" from the example library.

I have tried this on two different computers with several different models and the result is the same every time.

Is it a fault with Plant Simulation or is it something with the computer's graphics drivers?

I am running Plant Simulation 12.0.0

Thank you.

3 REPLIES

Re: 3D View Error

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi ET_Boys,

this is indeed a problem of your graphics driver.

Please try to update to the latest version.

If this doesn't help you can limit the OpenGL version Plant Simulation is using.

To do this open the registry editor (regedit.exe) and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tecnomatix\Tecnomatix Plant Simulation 12.0\Preferences\3D.

Right click on 3D and choose "New->DWORD (32-bit) Value". Then enter the name "GAPIVersion". Set the value as a decimal to 310.

You can see this in the attached picture.

With this setting you limit the OpenGL version to 3.1. This usually solves the problem.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Ralf,

Observing the registry value before changing it showed that the GAPI version was from the beginning set to 300, which I'm guessing is an even lower OpenGL version than 3.10. Re-setting it to 310 did not solve the problem however, so unless there is a lower OpenGL version I can switch to I guess I will have to try and update the graphics drivers of the computer.

Thank you!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can also try 210, 200 and 150 which corresponds to the OpenGL version 2.1, 2.0 and 1.5.

But this also decreases the performance. So if there is a newer version of your graphics driver available this would be the better choice.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.