Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D View display Error

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Guys!

I have a 3D display problem in my Plant simulation software (Attached the Photo for your view). 

As previously discussed i tried to modify the File< Preferences< 3D< versions, but couldn´t able to overcome this error. 

Please guys. Let anyone help me out of this problem. 

Thanks a lot!

5 REPLIES

Re: 3D View display Error

Legend
Legend

Hi!

When you change the OpenGL version in Preferences, Close the program and restart it.

For me, the settings do not work unless the software is restarted. Maybe that's the problem.

Sanchay

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi Sanchay,

Thank you for your reply. I did the restart and even restarted my laptop, but it doesn´t work.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Legend
Legend

If lowering the OpenGL version doesn't work , it is advised to update the Graphic driver.

You have probably read them already, but if not, the following posts may help you.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Plant-Simulation-Forum/3D-view-problem-with-12-2-1/m...

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Plant-Simulation-Forum/3D-View-Error/m-p/306834

Good luck!

Sanchay

Pioneer
Pioneer
Yes, I read them already. Thank you sanchay!

Thanks a lot!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

From what you wrote, am I correct in the assumption that you tried out several OpenGL versions and that you also updated your graphics driver and it still does not work?

If so:

• Have you made sure to update the graphics driver from the graphics adapter manufacturer site?
    In my experience, the drivers as provided by the windows driver management itself are sometimes almost ancient.
  • If you press "F" in the opened 3D window, does the text at the bottom of the view state something like "NVIDIA 123.45" or rather just some numbers without any hint to a manufacturer or stating that the manufacturer be Intel or AMD?
    In the past, ATI/AMD adapters brought up a couple of problems that NVIDIA adapters did not, although the difference now seems to be next to nonexistent nowadays. Intel on-board graphics still seem to pose a couple of problems.
    If it is Intel or no manufacturer hint and you have a "proper" adapter: You probably have a setting to switch the graphics adapter to use in the graphics adapter settings. For NVIDIA adapters, this setting is probably located in the NVIDIA control panel under Manage 3D settings.
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution