Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

3D animation of Robot (PickAndPlace)

Hello,

I am doing 3D simulation modeling, I try to know whether I can describe  robot arm moving using self animation on 3D. I just checked the graphic structure of pickandplace, and I could see the robot arm part.

Do you know how to describe only robot arm rotation on 3D?

Actually I also look into 'selfAnimation", it looks only allowance of robot x,y,z position not allowing robot part xyz..

Please adivse

Thank you!

1 REPLY

Re: 3D animation of Robot (PickAndPlace)

The reason for you not finding self animation entries is simple: there are none, the arm animation of robots is a built-in functionality.

Now, if you want to rebuild such animations yourself, I would first suggest that you reduce the conditions you have to consider as far as possible - simply to make life easier: doing robot arm animations yourself is pretty tricky, which is why we included them in the core software in the first place.

To understand how they are done in principle, you can open the graphic structure dialog of a robot (you will find the command "Show Graphic Structure" e.g. in the context menu of a robot). When you unfold the items that have a blurry "3D" as icon, you see the animatable object structure, for our current standard robots this will be "Z"-"Y1"-"Y2". Each such animatable object can be animated with self animations - in SimTalk you address the objects like this:

var z := MyPickAndPlace.getObject("Z")
z.SelfAnimations......
var y1 := z.getObject("Y1")
y1.SelfAnimations......
var y2 := y1.getObject("Y2")
y2.SelfAnimations......

If you want to mimic the calculation of PickAndPlace animations, I would additionally suggest to start with the z axis (the first animatable object) to achieve an angle as in the angle table in the object dialog, continue with the y2 axis (the last animatable object) to adjust to the MU distance and finally set the y1 axis (the animatable object in the middle).