Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D graphics are gone after saving model and re-opening

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I'm a relative new user of Tecnomatix Plant Simulation and currently trying to find out how I can model a robot in a 3D and its movements by defining self animations.

In my model I've imported the CobauRobots3D Library in the Class Library and I'm using the object named 'sm_nh2_165_26', which is shown in the attached image as the red robot (on the right). First I've duplicated this robot, renamed it and opened it in a new 3D window where I can define the parts of the robot to be animatable objects. Once, this is done the robot moves according to my preferences. So that works.

However, the problem is when I save my model and re-open it, for example on the next day, the graphics of the robot are gone and replaced by the graphics of a common pick-and-place robot (shown in the image on the left).

Another problem is that also the self animations are gone and I can start all over again.

Is this a known problem? If so, how can I prevent it?

Kind regards,

Matthijs Baan

4 REPLIES

Re: 3D graphics are gone after saving model and re-opening

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

So far, everything you did sounds pretty normal.

I'd like to try to find out what happened with your model.

Can you post it here so that I can examine it?

Thanks

Peter Komarek

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Experimenter
Experimenter

I've rebuild it quickly, so the MU animations are not working as I want, but the robot is working.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I loaded the attached model and the robot looks OK to me (except that it has rotated arms: "Arm" is rotated by 55 degrees and "Arm.PickingArm" by 65 degrees) - did you attach the rebuilt model or this the original one with the problem?

Regarding the rotations: You can see and correct them if you open the graphic structure dialog for .TestFrames.SimpleRobot - there you select an arm and open the 3D properties dialog in the context menu.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Experimenter
Experimenter

OK. I attached the rebuilt model, because I deleted the original one.

It seems that after saving the model, closing Plant Simulation, restarting Plant Simulation and loading the model again, it is now working.

I will check if the problem occurs again, because it had happened twice to me.

If it happens again, I will let you know.

Thanks anyway!