cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d simulation run

Builder
Builder

Hello everyone 

I got small problem with 3d eventcontroller. when i run the simulation in 2D it is doing well with the speed i adjust but when comes to 3D the simulation is running slowly even if i increase the speed.

How could i solve it?

Thanks 

regards

gopi

8 REPLIES

Re: 3d simulation run

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

How did you adjust the speed of your event controller?

The event controller works in two different modes:

1. Real-time mode (active when the real-time check is on): Here you can specify a maximal real-time factor Plant Simulation shall try to accomplish. The actually accomplishable factor is limited by the complexity of your simulation. When 3D is active, there can be more to do for your computer - depending on size and complexity of your 3D graphics. There are models that actually run even faster with 3D instead of 2D visualization, lots of models (due to a typically more complex graphics situation) run slower.
  2. When real-time mode is off, Plant Simulation tries to work off as many events as possible in a given timeframe. Moving the speed slider to the left means that the simulation is slowed down and takes artificially more time to process a simulation events. The ratio between simulation events and simulation time is not fixed (say, once every minute, all your 5000 machines move one part forward. Then the minute in between will pass in virtually no time while the run through your 5000 machines takes up the actually spent time. Other than that difference to real-time mode, the same rules as in real-time mode regarding 3D/2D speed are valid, too.

Generally, there is one definitely slowest case: Visualize your simulation both in 2D and in 3D. To avoid that, either close the 3D or the 2D windows (depending on which side you prefer).

You can speed up both the simulation in 2D and in 3D if you switch off either MU animation or Icon animation or both - of course, then you won't have that particular kind of animation. MU animation means to move MUs around, Icon animation means switching icons of your machines and visualizing states.

Builder
Builder

Thank you very much Peter.

Actually real time is off. I opened both 2D and 3D windows. 

for example i kept speed slider as 75% (speed) and when i see in 2D window it is running fastly as i intend it to do, but when i opened 3D it is becoming slower compared to @2D.

Is it anyway, so that both windows should run with same speed?

I have one more question

Is it possible that can i import Some CAD files to change MU icons in 3D?

Thanks

best regards

Gopi 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

No, as I said, 2D and 3D visualization can take different time. If both are visible at the same time, both are synchonized, i.e. showing the same events at the same time, but that's all.

The answer to the second question depends on the version you are using:

For years, we've been able to import Jt and VRML files.

Starting with version 12, we support importing Parasolid, IGES, STEP, Catia V4 and PLMXML files.

Starting with version 12.2, we also support importing DWG and DXF files as flat layouts. These can all be used for MUs, too, however, not all formats make the same sense (e.g. not DWG and DXF) to be used in MUs.

Look into the help for more details.

Builder
Builder

Thank you very much Peter.

I got one question regarding store.

my store receives 2 different Mu's( Mu1 and Mu2) of quantity 3 each and i want to move 1 time Mu1 and 2 times Mu2 to successor. As i am using version 12 i wrote the following program.

is
i:integer;
K:integer;
do
for i:=1 to store.xdim loop
for k:=1 to store.ydim loop
if store.pe(i,k).cont /=void and Store.pe(i,k).cont.name="Variant_D" then
store.pe(i,k).cont.move(Customer);
elseif store.pe(i,k).cont /=void and Store.pe(i,k).cont.name="Variant_A" then
store.pe(i,k).cont.move(customer);
return;
end;
next;
next;
end;

But all the 3 parts of MU1 and Mu2 are moving.

Could you help me please?

Thank you

regards

Gopi

Phenom
Phenom

@gopi

you're nested loops are scanning the complete store contents.

There is no limitation for moving the scanned Variant_A/ Variant_D.Mus.

Therefore set a limiter for the moved Mus e.g. count_A / count_D which is incremented after each

move and limits the Mus moves to 1 and 2

Builder
Builder

Thank you for your help Simulator

I am very week in programming.

I added an inventory table to count the parts which are coming and leaving the store. but i couldn't find out how exactly do it as required.

Could you please have a look at my model once

Thanks

regards

gopi 

Phenom
Phenom

is i:integer; K:integer;
count_A :integer;
count_D :integer; do

count_A:=0;
count_D:=0;

for i:=1 to store.xdim loop for k:=1 to store.ydim loop if store.pe(i,k).cont /=void and Store.pe(i,k).cont.name="Variant_D" and count_D < 2 then store.pe(i,k).cont.move(Customer);
count_D:=count_D+1;
elseif store.pe(i,k).cont /=void and Store.pe(i,k).cont.name="Variant_A" and count_A < 1 then
store.pe(i,k).cont.move(customer);
count_A:=count_A+1;
end; next; next; end;

At the moment I have no access to Plant Simulation.

Please make sure, the customer object can accommodate the MUs.( moves are not blocked)

Builder
Builder

Thank you very much Simulator

It helps me a lot.

Ragards

Gopi