Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A non-realistic challenge occured.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Everyone,

I have attached a model in which one of the non-realaistic issue has occured. And this issue takes us away from the real scenario. 

In the model if setup time for function lines are increased then the total throughput gets increased, How can this happen? In real situation is setup time increased then throughpur gets decreased.

Kindly give me the most suitable justification. If i have done any mistake then correct me out. My aim is to take the throughput above 60, which I am not getting. Kindly guide.

Thank You.

Regards

Shanu

12 REPLIES 12

Re: A non-realistic challenge occured.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
Hello Shanu,

as far as I have seen you do not have a set up time in your models. Setup occurs if you have different named MUs on the production lines. In your model I have only seen Entities produced by the source object.!
Regards
gepi

Pioneer
Pioneer

Kindly check stations of FUNCTION LINES. 10 minutes of setup time has been given. Please guide me how can i increase the throughput above 60??????Smiley Happy

Thank You

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Shanu,

Indeed, you do have a set-up time (of 5 minutes) specified in the function lines. However, the set-up times only come into play when you have multiple products (e.g. you could use different names), or when you trigger it for every MU (specify this in the Set-Up tab of your SingleProcs: After 1 parts).

In the Examples collection there is a small example: Material Flow>>Setting up a machine>>Demo.

Regards,

Gert Nomden

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Pioneer
Pioneer
My second question was to increase throughput upto 65 entities per hour. For that kindly guide.

Solution Partner Phenom

Why not first try to increase the inflow rate of the Source?

And you can isolate the line sections to see what their maximum output is in the current configuration.

Then you should use the BottleneckAnalyzer to find, well, the bottlenecks and also use the WorkerChart to find overloaded workers.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dear Nomden.

Kindly guide me how to make corrections? I need urgently.

Pioneer
Pioneer
I have Checked the bottleneck and max output.

Solution Partner Phenom

And what did you find?

Maybe you can share what you did, including some screenshots? Then the forum can follow the kind of reasoning to de-bottleneck this system.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

U may check this.

Total throughput per hour 63

M24 is bottleneck.