Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error Pop-up when I have Video film recording on the model which is running?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,everyone

I create  a big model ,when I run it ,it works smoothly .

However, When I run it and open the" Video film recording" software , it always has an error  Pop-up .As is shown in the following picture.

When i just open and run  it without the Video film recording ,it runs smoothly again.

How to deal with this problem?

Looking forward to your directions!

捕获.JPG

5 REPLIES

Re: An error Pop-up when I have Video film recording on the model which is running?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello,

I find that the built in video recorder is not as good as it could be (same as with most other build in recorders into other programs), so instead I tend to look at different external recorders which can produce smaller or smoother video files.

I would start to look towards external video recording solutions be it screen recorders or external hdmi recorders (which would take the stress away from the computer all together).

JamesM

Re: An error Pop-up when I have Video film recording on the model which is running?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,JamesM

Thanks for your quick reply!

I record the video  with the External video software, and  internal video recorder,both have the same problem.

I try many times .I find strange phenomenon : there is no error if i dont click any button during the running,while the error will happen if i click the objects or buttons.

I doubt some calls are conflicting .

Give my best regards to you!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Just to be sure that I understood this correctly:

You attempted to record a video with the internal video recorder (i.e. Plant Simulation - which uses a video codec from your system that you can select) and with an external video recorder (i.e. a whole other application like Camtasia) and both crash?

The callstack you posted did not point much to video recording as the actual cause of the crash but that changes it again in my opinion.

We made fairly good experience with using XVid as codec - could you please try this?

If Plant Simulation does not offer you XVid, you can download and install the codec - it is freely available.

I think there might already be another thread discussing this in more detail.

To select the video codec Plant Simulation uses, go to the 3D Video ribbon, open "Settings" and select it under "Video compression" (after you have installed it, of course).

(and if I did not understand you correctly: please correct me - all that I wrote is based upon that assumption)

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Another inquiry:

Could it be possible that your crash also happens if you click around like you described but without video recording?

If this is so, please either post the model here or report it to GTAC.

Thanks!

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,PeterKomarek

Thanks for your concerns!

This crash doesn't happen when i click any around (all the objects or methods  or the buttons on menu bars)  without viedeo recording. Namely,it runs smoothly!