Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis of existing simulation model

Genius
Genius

Hello everybody,

I am looking for an effective way to analyze an existing model with its complex method structure. My goal is to understand the process, which one MU takes from the "Source" to the "Drain" and to visualize how the established method structure works.

Is there a way to analyze sequentially all methods which are started because of one ( maybe the first) MU ?

Thanks in advance!

BR,

NIROE

5 REPLIES

Re: Analysis of existing simulation model

Phenom
Phenom

Set a breakpoint ( debug) in the first method and then step (F10/F11) through the code

Genius
Genius
Simulator, thank you for your reply.

I was already trying this approach. But with this approach, it is neccessary that only MU runs through the process. If not, the first method is shown every time again when another MU reaches the defined trigger. Unfortunatly I need several MUs that the process works...

Phenom
Phenom

well, you can set a condition for the breakpoint e.g.

if condition =true

debug

end

This would of course mean to touch every method  ( either manually or through code)

to implement the debug condition.

It's quicker to press F5 to skip the code until next breakpoint

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Maybe using the Profiler can also help you; there you can see which methods called which other methods (and how often), e.g. like this:

grafik.png

When you look at the last 3 rows, you see that M3 was called 10x by M1 and 15x by M2 (in total 25x). The first 4 rows show that the SingleProc.EntranceCtrl has called 60x M1, which in turn has then called M3 10x and M2 30x (and then M2 has called M3 15x).

Not sure whether you can use it for your analysis, though Smiley Happy
Alex

Genius
Genius
Thank you Alex! Your suggestion helps me a lot!