Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Assembly Inquiry

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am a new user to Plant Sim. The project I am working on is a high volume manual line. The line has sub assemblies which feed into final assembly. The first Sub Assembly is attached at station S15. The second Sub Assembly enters at S30. The problem I am having is that I cannot see the Circuit Board being installed into the MU at station S30. The same problem also exists at all other sub assemblies entering the line. When I highlight the MU after station 35, it does not identitify the additional sub assemblies which were supposed to be installed at after S15. After S35, there should be a cooling fin, batbase, circuit board, and a bus bar. 

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to help me with this issue. If more details will assist in addressing my programming issue please let me know. Thanks again!

Regards,

Randy CCapture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Assembly Inquiry

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi!

One of the possible reasons is that you use "Delete MU" mode on the assembly station instead of "Load MU". In that case a part from the feeding line is just deleted rather then loaded to the main part.

One more reason that part is actually loaded to the main part, but is not visible because of MU animation points. You can check if the part is loaded by opening a main part which is located after station 30 and using "View - Contents" command. It'll display all parts which are currently loaded.

Regards, Vladimir.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you Skeeve! I was able to confirm the contents of carrier thanks to your suggestion. As you can see the parts are correctly being loaded on the carrier. Now I just need assistance overcoming the problem of not seeing the subassemblies attached to the MU. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Randy

Capture.JPG

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi RDolph,

The trick is probably to add more animation points to your MUs. Check the Help-file for "animation points" and follow the instructions. If your base part contains 8 sub-assemblies, you need at least 8 animation points for the MU that represents the base part. The same trick may be applied to the MUs for the sub-assemblies, but probably only the main assemblies need to be shown.

Regards,

Gert Nomden

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com