Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly List and Unload Time

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I am struggeling with two things in my model.

1. I would like to create containers which contain a specific quantity of MUs, depending on the type of MU. I use the assembly to create the containers. How can I tell the assembly to fill the container with the amount of MUs specified in the list "PartsPerBatch", depending on which MU the SourceParts is currently producing? (I tried to write an entrance control, but couldnt make it work...)

2. The MUs are carried away by a worker. Depending on the type of MU I want to put a different unload time (specified in the list "UnloadTime"). Anyone knows how that works? There is a field in "Times" of the Workplace, but if I put there some value it has no effect. I tried with exit control but also coudnt make it work.

Any ideas are welcome! Thank you in advance for your help!

I attached an example model.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Assembly List and Unload Time

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

To 1: in the latest versions you can select "Depends on Main MU" for the Assembly table setting. Then you define the assembly variants once, without using an Entrance-control.

To 2: you can change the distribution type form "Const" to "Formula". The formula then refers to a table with the times for each MU-type. For example: MyLoadingTimes["Time",@.name]

MyLoadingTimes is a table containing your times (row index and column index should be active).

Give it a try, you already have most things in place.

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you very much for your answer!

To 1: The problem is that determine the number of the MUs on the main MU doesnt work because the main MU is always the same - it is the container. And if I enter a list of the parts and amounts the Assemblz thinks that it has to assemble all of the parts, for example fill the container with 6 parts of Entity1, 7 of Entity2 and 4 of Entity3. But that is not what i want, I want to specify that: If the source is producing parts of Entity1, (so in the assembly are arriving only parts of type Entity1), one container is filled with 6 parts. If the source is producing parts of Entity2, one container is filled with 7 parts, and so on... So depending on which parts are arriving in the Assembly, the container is filled with a different amount, but only with this one kind of MU.

To 2: My problem is that I can put whatever in the field of Unload Time of the Workplace, the worker just doesnt do it. I tried to put const 1hour but it didnt have no effect, so, using this field kind of doesnt work... Maybe there is another way? I tried to make the worker wait in the exit ctrl, but seems like i did something wrong, well, at least it doesnt have any effect either.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

to 1: the entrance control will only be triggered for the main part. At this time the main part has no content. Therefore you must ask the source which parts will be produced. You must not change ?.Assemblylist because this will change the assemblylist of the origin but create a local table and assign it to ?.Assemblylist.

to 2: the time of the workplace will be considered when the worker will load the container. It doesn't work when the worker should unload the container. The wait in the exit control of the workplace is too late because at this time the worker already has left the workplace.

Attached you will find an example which hopefully could help you.

Regards

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

And here is the model

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, thank you very much for your help!

Sorry for my late answer. I tried a lot of things and still I ended up having the same problem.

First of all, the Assembly is working very fine, thank you Karola!

I still have problems to implement the unloading time though. Simply letting the worker wait in the end was not possible for me, because in real I have two worker who can do the task and also more tasks than only the carrying operation. With this setup there occur two problems, one is that the worker is drawn of to another task, and second is that the station calls the other worker, if the first is in waiting condition. Additionally in the statistics i would like to see the unloading time as transporting, or maybe even as working, but not as waiting time.

It worked for me to change the value of the loading/unloading time in EntranceCTRL according to the MU at the station / the MU the worker is carrying when he enters the workplace. However, this is only working if the worker is taking the MU directly from/to a station; if he is taking it from a container it doesn't work anymore, and honestly I don't understand why is that.

I could disassembly the parts, but I dont want to do that, because the workers should only take some of the parts, and the container then should move on to the next station.

I attached a model that is closer to the actual setting, in the entrance controls I marked the code that is not working if taking parts from the container. Maybe anyone has an idea?

Thank you very much in advance!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I know that this is already answered, but here is my version of the solution.

I had the same problem as you did. The main MU is actually the container and can not change something about it. The new function in version 14 will not help me (although I haven't tried it, I must confess). I think the BOM idea with this isue is not going to help mes. 

I am currently working in version 12 and I solved the first problem that you have using a method that checks the name of the previous station (in this case a dummy station). 

Maybe with adding a line or two, you can solve the problem with the worker as well.

This is my first time posting here. I have been reading a lot, AND LEARNING a lot. 

THANKS to all contributors, especially the experts!!!

Best regards,

Bojan