Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Station & Entrance Controls

Creator
Creator
Hello, I'm currently working with the assembly station and discover something about the Entrance Control (in the Tab Controls). When I write a method here, it only execute at the first Mu and not for each Mu. I have try to write a method in Tools / Edits Observers / with the Observed Value = NumMu. But i have the same result. So my question is : how to reach each event when a Mu arrive inside my assembly station ? (useful when I need to copy attributes from one of them to the main Mu). Many thanks, Regards
6 REPLIES

Re: Assembly Station & Entrance Controls

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Jer_N,

The Entrance control only works for the main MU, the base part, as I think you already discovered. Technically, the assembled parts enter the main MU, not the assembly station (if you choose attach MUs).

What kind of information would you like to capture?

Regards,

Gert Nomden

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Creator
Creator
Hi , Interesting. I'd like to know the Entry Time of each Mu , and copy attributes from one part to the main MU. What is the best way to do that ? ( I prefer to not build a buffer in front of my assembly station..) Regards,

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Jer_N,

you could insert a FlowControl with exit strategy assignment.

In the assigment method you then can place your code.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Solution Partner Phenom

To me it seems you want to know which parts exactly cause the waiting time of the assembly station.

For now I think the simplest way is to implement an observer on your assembly station and watch the attribute ResWorking. ResWorking=true means that all the parts have arrived and are being assembled. You can use the observer method to record the EntryTime attribute of the parts inside the main MU.

Basically, you would loop through the contentslist of the main MU and copy that data to some table attached to the main MU.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Creator
Creator
Thank you. It works. I have used the attribute ResWorking with the observers on the assembly station and I have used the attribute "Location" with the observers on the MUs ( EntryTime don't work on each object..i don't know why...) to capture the time. Just a final general question, when I use theses "observers" , Makes it significantly slow the model? Rgds,

Solution Partner Phenom

No, it is really a smart feature. Your method will only be executed when the attribute in question changes.

Entry time should work for every MU, but not for other objects.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com