Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly in two stepts with two containers on the same line

Hello everyone,

I've been reading on this forum for quite some time and it has been very helpful in many situations, but now I'm facing a problem for which I can't find any solution for:

I want to model an assembly line in which a product gets assembled with the help of two different containers.

In the first step part A and part B should get assembled onto Container “WT1”.

Then WT1 + A + B run together through the assembly line.

In the next step WT1 should be “exchanged” for WT2 and additionally part C and part D should be assembled.

Then WT2 + A + B + C + D run together though the line until A + B + C + D leave the line (going to the next line, with part A being the main part), while WT2 goes back into circulation.

Like this every second container on the line should be a WT1 and every other second container a WT2.

Unfortunately, I can’t upload the actual model, but I made a (not correctly functioning) sketch, that is hopefully helpful to make it a bit clearer what I’m trying to model.

Any help (English or German) on how to model this is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Assembly in two stepts with two containers on the same line

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello PlantSimStudent,

in your model, the attribute StückListe2 was not filled correctly.

Attached you will find your model.

Hope this helps.

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Hello GG,

thank you for the help!

It´s already a bit closer to what im trying to model, but not there yet:

WT1 should take the Parts A and B from F1. (This part is already working fine)

Then it makes one run through the line until the disassebly station. There Part A and B go onto F2, and WT1 back to the "container buffer" F3. (also already working)

Now, the challange for me is, that WT2 takes the parts A and B from F2 (which are the parts that made it though the line already before), and not from F1 (the "new" parts). This part is not working yet. Smiley Sad

I have the feeling that its possible to assign an attribute to the parts to distinguish the new ones (coming from F1), from the old ones (already through the line once, coming from F2).

Does anyone have an idea of how to achieve this?

I have attached the updated version of the example.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

attached is your model where the desired behavior should be implemented now. I have altered the controls for the lines F1, F2 and F3 and also the assembly and dismantle list of your container WT2, so you could have a look at these.

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Thank you Igor for the help with those control methods! Exactly what I was trying to achieve!