Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assembly station giving error

Hi All,

I am trying to simulate an injection molding process where inserts are manufactured (male and female side) and then are sent to the injection molding machine to manufacture plastic parts. 

To be sure that the Injection Molding machine recieve 2 inserts and for each of them is created a "couple" I am trying to use an assembly station but i'm having problem to make it work. It give me the following error "predecessor of the main part is filled into the assembly table".

Attached there's the file. 

Thank you for the help

1 REPLY

Betreff: Assembly station giving error

Hi Alexis,

you can place a source for the new MU-class "Insert" before the Assembly-Station and adjust the assembly-settings as shown below. Note that I changed the connector sequence so the new source is predecessor #1 of the AssemblyStation and the "parts" come from predecessor #2. Of course you can also just switch the 1 and 2 in the assembly parameters.

I don't think it's possible to use the AssemblyStation with only 1 connector. An Alternative would be splitting up the Male and Female parts before the AssemblyStation, so that you have 2 connectors again and can treat the Male as mainpart and the Female as assembledpart.

Regards,
Alex

grafik.png