Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associate a MU to different operations in the same singleproc

Hey Community,

Coming back with a new challenge today ! lol

I'm trying to associate a MU to different operations (each operation have its own time) in the same singleproc ( i have 2 singleprocs)

Created a table for each singleproc and i entered the operations time.

The system is running, but i'm not sure that each MU take an operation time in a random way.

The idea is that each MU pass by the singleproc 1 or singleproc 2 take only one operation time and not the 8. The next MU can take the same opration time or another one, always in a random way.

You can find attached the model.

Can anyone help me to confirm this or not ?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES

Re: Associate a MU to different operations in the same singleproc

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

for this to work you would need different MUs, as the operation time here is depending on the type of MU. So attached is your model with a couple of alternations. There are two methods now which are changing the operation times in a random manner whenever a new MU enters them. You can extend the methods by adding more statements that alter the operation time of the respective table. Is that what you wanted to achieve with this model? 

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Hey Igor,

Actually, the basic MU enter the production ligne and select in a random way the process time related to a specific product configuration.

For the exemple, the MU is the car's bodywork (the same bodywork for all the cars in the biginning), when it enter to the first station, the process time for the MU depends on the customer demand. For each configuration, a specific process time.

It's a multiproducts assembly line, all the products have the same bodywork in the beginning, by moving forward in the process, every bodywork has a specific configuration.

In my shared model, i created a table with diffrent process time and i related it to the same MU.

My question is : each MU created by the Source select randomly the process time, or the MUs take the same process time everytime ?

Which method i can use to let each MU select randomly one the different configurations time ?

Thank you.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

So in your model the MU will alwas take only the first time specified for it, e.g in your example table 5:00:00. You could still use the methods I provided in the model to let each MU have a random selection of its set up time.

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Ok, thank you so much.

Best regards,

Nicolas