Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behaviour of LockoutZone with stop control

Legend
Legend

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the Stop control in the LockoutZone to set a specific machine to be stopped in certain cases. Simplified case below.

When connecting two machines to the LockoutZone I want the one that isn't failed to not be stopped in certain cases. When trying to do this and setting up a control in the LockoutZone the machines are already stopped when entering the method. In the help it says that I should do this manually in the method, but they are already stopped on entering. I can't set a machines status to stopped := false either, the change does not take effect.

See attached model below of a simplified case. When entering the stop method the debug statement will be called, when stepping through the code you can see the problem that appears where the machines status is set to stopped on entering and not being able to reset it.

2 REPLIES

Re: Behaviour of LockoutZone with stop control

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi verbalins,

the documentation is indeed misleading here.

The purpose of the stop control is not to stop the machines.

As you state they are automatically stopped. The purpose of the stop control is to allow additional actions.

When an object is controlled by the LockoutZone and stopped by it, it's not possible to modify the stopped state.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Re: Behaviour of LockoutZone with stop control

Legend
Legend
Thank you Ralf, I will solve with an observer on Failed instead.