Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Buffer clearing lot wise

Hi everyone,

I have a big problem with the Simulation for my master thesis.

In the workshop (attached: Masterarbeit_stand_fünter_Validierungslauf.spp), I am simulating, we cut probes out of pipes. The number of probes in one manufacturing lot fluctuating between one and 77. For this process I use just “buffer -> SingProc -> buffer”. Now I have to process all probes first and then move all probes out of the second buffer.

In a small simulation example (attached: Probe_Saegerei.spp) it runs perfectly. Now I can’t transfer it into the hole workshop.

The part of the workshop I have those problems with is “.Modelle.Probenvorbereitung.Sägen”. I am very sorry for the mixed up german-english-programming. 😃

If you can find my mistakes or even know another way to realize this transportation logic I would be so thankful for your answers.

Best regards,

HennerT

2 REPLIES

Re: Buffer clearing lot wise

Two suggestions: 1. can you treat the samples as a single MU? Since you mention that the samples are processed as a batch, this would make life easier. You can use a formula or entrance control to set the correct processing time, which depends on the number of samples processed.

2. can you use an Assembly station? You use a DismantleStation to generate the samples. So, basically you can process each sampel independent from the other. But you might assemble them later on so that they continue as a single item again.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Re: Buffer clearing lot wise

Hey Gert,

you're right. I will set my dismantle station between the "preprocess" buffer and the single process station. That seems way easier.

Thanks for your advice and best regards,

Henner