Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bug? - Dismantlestation start ProcTime immediately while stopped in Before Actions

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello,

I noted a behaviour which made me a bit confused regarding the dismantlestation. See the attached model.

The model compares a Station and a DismantleStation, which both have a proctime of 1 minute. In the entrance control of both machines I stop the machines for 10 seconds (before actions), then they should start processing. I expect both machines to have finished processing at the time 1 minute and 10 seconds, but only the station does this. The dismantlestation is finished at exactly 1 minute. 

If I remove the tick box "before actions" of the entrance control both machines stop at 1 min 10 sec. Is all of this expected behaviour?

3 REPLIES

Re: Bug? - Dismantlestation start ProcTime immediately while stopped in Before Actions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Sorry, but there is a bug when the dismantle is stopped/failed/paused in an entrance control with beforeAction. This bug will be fixed in the next maintenance pack.

It should have same behavior whether you stop the station before the work has started or immediatelly after the work has started.

Therefore in your case the "beforeAction" is not necessary and in case of dismantle there is no bug when the dismantle is stopped after the work has started.

The "beforeAction" is needed when in the entrance control e.g. the procTime will be changed or the assembly table of a assembly station will be changed or other attributes which are needed for the processing.

Kind regards,

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Re: Bug? - Dismantlestation start ProcTime immediately while stopped in Before Actions

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Okay, thank you for the response. I actually do need "before actions" in my current project because I need to change the assemblylist, that was how I noticed this bug in the first place. But it's good to know that it will be fixed in the next maintenance pack! Do you know when that is expected to be released?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The release of the maintenance pack is planned for middle of April.

If you have a maintenance contract, you can always ask for a hotfix.

Note that the bug only occurs in a dismantle station. BeforeActions works fine in an assembly station.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.