Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating the average time for MUs

Builder
Builder

Hello ALL,

I have a buffer and I want to calculate the average time taken by the MUs to come out of the buffer. What method I can use to implement the formula. any help ?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Calculating the average time for MUs

Legend
Legend

Hi, 

Easiest way is to put a entrance time stamp and exit time stamp of the buffer. Get the duration spent and in the EndSim or at the end of simulation the average. or total duration divided by no. of mus passed through the buffer. 

Remember to rear control the Exit method. Let me know if you want the more details.

You can also create a smart buffer in the class objects and replicate it numerous times without having to write the whole thing multiple times. You can use that smartBuffer in other simulations too. 

Sachin

Builder
Builder
Thanks for your reply. I was trying to achieve this with the help of the table. I have written the time etamp of each MUs in the table. Now i was thinking if can add all the rows in ydim of the table and divide it by the total nummu and show it as a global variable then i may work, but i am not able to get the method right with the table. Could you please give me some hint with the method ?

Legend
Legend

please check the sample model. I hope this will answer your question. If you are still facing issue let me know. if you are still facing issue send me the model for debugging.

I m using PlantSim 11.  

Sachin

Builder
Builder
Thanks a Lot!! That is a lot of nice stuff for me.