Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I import 3D part from CATIA to represent the SingleProc in Plant Simulation?

Creator
Creator

Is is possible to make "Exchange Graphic" of this SingleProc with my own CAD file from CATIA V5 or any other CAD program (a 3D part of machine that I make my self).

If yes, how can I do this and which type of file from CATIA should I save so that I can import my machine graphic?SingleProc.JPG

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can I import 3D part from CATIA to represent the SingleProc in Plant Simulation?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You need to convert the CATIA file into a JT file. This can be done using either NX or SolidEdge from our product portfolio.

There should be other convertes on the market since the JT file format is an ISO standard.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Re: Can I import 3D part from CATIA to represent the SingleProc in Plant Simulation?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi Tee,

As @RalfTobel said, you need to convert prior, but, keep in mind that using the "Exchange Graphics" doesn't work with JT files, just S3D files, that are created when you export an 3D object.

The Drag&Drop function is a great tool to import JT files, for a specific object, just open it in another 3D window.

Best Regards,
Paulo Araujo

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

I would like t mention the difference between the Plant Simulation s3d format and a pure graphic file format as .jt or .vrml. Plant Simulation stores the animation information in parallel to the graphics information into the s3d file. This is for instance the position, where a MU will be placed/displayed on a machine. The s3d format (plus the exchange graphic function)  is very handy if you want to share a machine representation between several projects,