Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me with a sorting problem on a conveyor?

Creator
Creator

Hi Smiley Happy 

I've got a problem with my simulation cutting short, because of a big pileup on the conveyor. 

The problem occurs it seems, after the last part of the line is piled up, with the processed parts placed in a messy way on the conveyor, the simulation stops, as the pieces won't get to the assemblystation. 

For this specific line, it is important for the processed parts to arrive in a certain order for the flow to be optimal. Can anyone help me with a tip, or code I can add so the simulation will run correctly?

Having a lot of trouble understanding how things work in the program, so hope someone can help Smiley Happy 

Thank you ^^, 

3 REPLIES

Re: Can anyone help me with a sorting problem on a conveyor?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Iselin,

because the structure of your model is not easy the task of the production control is also not easy.

The worker collects parts from the 3 sources and therefore loads the orders in a certain sequence. An intelligent worker could be able to control that system. He needs runtime data from the production. There are many possibilities.

I tried to use the ImportRequest control of the Broker to select the Source of the next part.

After selection of the ImporterObject (Source, Source1 or Source2) the worker is assigned to the ImporterObject by

broker.engage(ImpoterObject,type,exptable)

The attached model does not contain the perfect control, but it shows a way to a better solution.

Regards

Peter

Creator
Creator
Thank you so much! Smiley Very Happy this is awesome!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Thank you for the feedback.

Before mediation by the Broker in the ImportRequest control the following instruction is necessary:

if ImpoterObject.pause
?.doStandardImport(ImpoterObject, type)
return
end

Otherwise, a request for services can be lost.

The danger of a deadlock is great in this model.