Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Can someone help me?

Hi! I'm working on a bachelor thesis, and trying to figure out this program as a part of the thesis.

I have a production sequence, in which there are 3 stations with production, and one ho wraps them together in a box and ships it. 

One of the stations are split in two segments (the one in the middle), where one part is worked on by two different workers, at two stations in an assemblyline. Would it be correct to place the stations as in the picture, when technically the part goes from one station to the next, instead of two parts being assembled. 

The reason I put it in this way, was to try to get the 3 stations have as equal processingtime as possible. Not sure if it would be the correct way to put it though.

Hope I made myself understandable Smiley Happy  

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Can someone help me?

Hey!

I think that's basically OK.

A sidenote: You need to pay attention which objects you connect in what sequence with the assembly-station, because you normally define one predecessor as providing the "mainpart" and the others provide the "additional parts".

I guess what you are saying is that your 2 assembly-stations are only 1 station in reality, so there can only be 1 part being worked on in these 2 stations in the model, right? If that's the case, you can easily lock the entrance of the 1st assembly station until the part has left the 2nd assembly station, then you open the entrance of the 1st station again. In this way, there's always only 1 part on either Assembly or Assembly1.

Use a FRONT-activated exit-control on Assembly:

-- FRONT-activated exit-control of Assembly
	?.entranceLocked := true;
	@.move;

and a REAR-activated exit-control of Assembly1:

-- REAR-activated exit-control of Assembly1
	Assembly.entranceLocked := false;

Then place a method in your network, call it init, and enter this code:

-- on INIT: open Assembly-entrance
	Assembly.entranceLocked := false;

Regards,
Alex

Thank you so much for the reply, I was unaware that this was possible to do Smiley Happy   I'm very new to this program, so unfortunately I don't understand code language Smiley Embarassed   But, I think you may have misunderstood the question a little bit. The Assembly1 is correct, the question doesn't really have that much to do with anything out of the red circle.  Let me try to explain how it works in real life.  I have a main bar, which is processed in two different sequences with a total of 2 min.  I want to try to sever these two sequences by adding a worker to the line. So that one worker uses 1 min on their part of the process. But of course, the main bar will still be 2 min on the line. Because of that fact, I'm unsure if it is correct to place the two stations in the red circle, as they are now. 

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iselin
yesterday

Hi Iselin,

well if you place 2 Stations like this, then you will get 1 mainbar every minute, because the 2x1 minutes are happening in parallel (except for failures, e.g.). So each mainbar would receive 2min of processing in total, but they take place in parallel, not sequentially. But the word "sequence" would imply that they should actually take sequentially (first Sequence1, then Sequence2).

Regards,
Alex

Also take a look at waituntil statment 

in the exitctrl of source activated by front of mu: 

waituntil Assy1.empty  and Assy2.empty prio 1;

@.move;

Sachin