Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot allow access to my computer for distributed simulation

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I am trying to use distributed simulation with my professional license. I have unticked the 'Prohibit access to the computer' tick box inside File > Model Settings > General, but when I try to test the distributed simulation I get a warning message that asks me to untick this box and also "in the dialog Library Information".

I cant find any other tick boxes about prohibiting acces and I cant find the Library Information dialog. Has anyone else experienced this and how can I get it working?

Thanks in advance!

BCS

6 REPLIES

Re: Cannot allow access to my computer for distributed simulation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Open the context menu for the "ExperimentManager" folder in the class library and select "Edit Library Information..."

Siemens Phenom
rightclick .Tools.ExperimentManager select Edit Library Information ... uncheck Prohibit access to the computer

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you both for your help. Unfortunately with both boxes unticked it still doesn't work.

I have now opened the Library Information and unticked that box as well, but the error message remains the same. 

Thanks again, BCS

Siemens Phenom
no further help possible wo the (downstripped) model

Regards

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I cant access the other computer now, so I have to post from a different account.

Below is the simplest model that shows the problem for me. It only contains an experiment manager and I have unticked the prohibit access boxes, but the same error is shown to me.

Thanks,

BCS

Siemens Phenom
the model should work now, in addition to the ExperimentManagers Library you needed to permit access for the DistributedSimulation Library too. This is not necessary anymore with the latest patch and done in your model too now.

Regards