Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot import 3D sketch for Line (conveyor) in Tecnomatix Plant Simulation 12

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

I want to import a 3D model to replace the default conveyor (Line) in Tecnomatix Plant Simulation 12, but every time I import and make it simulation object for Line, it returns to normal default conveyor. Anyone can help me?

Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES

Re: Cannot import 3D sketch for Line (conveyor) in Tecnomatix Plant Simulation 12

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

A line generates its graphics and its animation automatically by default. You have two options to prevent this:

1. If you are fine with the animation, add another graphic group to the line and import the graphic there. You can then switch the default graphic invisible so that only your newly imported graphic is visible.
  2. If you want to change the animation, too, create a duplicate of your line class and switch off its length-orientation  using (assuming the class is .MaterialFlow.Line1) .MaterialFlow.Line1._3D.removeLengthOrientation. From that time on, you can use your line duplicate like any other non-length-generated object like a SingleProc e.g. You will lose the length-orientation capabilities in 3D (as the name of the method states) but from you description it sounds that you want to do this anyway.
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Re: Cannot import 3D sketch for Line (conveyor) in Tecnomatix Plant Simulation 12

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you very much Peter, I got it. Smiley Very Happy