Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot insert frame recursively

Creator
Creator

Dear community,

I am facing an issue for modeling a warehouse with the plantsimulation tool.

From the basic conceptual scenario the model should be divided into three frames; the inbound and outbound docking area, a buffer area and the shopfloor area. Material flow should lead from the docking (inbound), to the buffer to theshopfloor and then back to the buffer and docking area (outbound). Unfortunately, plantsimulation has troubles connecting frames recursively.

Therefore, my question is; is there any easy workaround to model this scenario? Or do I need to combine the frame somehow?

Best regards,

Timbo

6 REPLIES

Re: Cannot insert frame recursively

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi Timbo,

Could you describe a bit more on what interaction between the frames are you lacking? Have you used the interface objects to connect them? To comunicate from one frame to another with methods (simtalk) you will need to make sure you are adressing your object with the full path:

if root.InboundFrame.Buffer.numMu > 10

@.move 

else 

@.Stopped

waituntill root.InboundFrame.Buffer.numMu > 10

end 

Regards Johan

Creator
Creator

Hi Johan,

Thank you for the quick reply.

So basically the problem of modeling this kind of scenario lies in the connection of respective frames I feel.

When I would connect the first frame (docking area) with the second one (buffer area) and ultimately with the third frame (shopfloor area) (1->2->3) by making correct use of the interface connection, there seems to be no way to allow the material flow in the opposite direction as frames cannot be inserted recursively (3->2->1). 

For your reference, I set up a simple representative model. So my aim would be to reverse the material flow as described previously. Therefore, I would like to insert Buffer frame as outgoing frame for the shopfloor frame (3->2) and Docking frame as outgoing frame for the Buffer frame (2->1). However, that is not possible from the restrictions set by plantsimulation. Is there any workaround you could propose? Or how can that scenario be handled?

Because from my point of view this type of material flow is not trivial, so there should be a solution.

Thank you!

Regards

Tim

Phenom
Phenom

the interfaces go in both ways, in and out, depending on how you connect them.

Have a look Unbenannt.png

Creator
Creator

Hello simulator,

In fact I feel like I was not capable of implementing the interfaces correctly!

Now it works perfectly fine due to your helpful support.

Thanks.

Regards,

Timbo

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,Timbo

The way that you analog them in 3 frames seems  a little complex.I wonder why do you build up them in one frame.

Creator
Creator

Hi MarkLee,

I tried to set them up in three different frames because I think for the actual model a modular set-up is desirable.

In the beginning of the modeling process, I am not sure about the complexity and the future application of the model. It may be the case that the frame objects, that is docking, buffer and shopfloor area, have to be individually reused in further models. I think seperate modeling of these areas thus also represents the real world application more accurately.

Hope that answers the question.

Regards,

Timbo