Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity of Line does not work

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone,

as you can see at the Pic I have a line with the capacity of 5 but there are never more than 4 parts on the line.

I don't know why... There is enough space for one container more...

Can someone help me?

Thank you.

Best regards

IceTea

Pic.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

Betreff: Capacity of Line does not work

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello IceTea,

how long is your line and how long are your products on the line?

which processing time did you have at the station in front of the line and behind the line?

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey GG,

the processing time directly infront and after this part is the same.

In total the parts are 4h in the production line. I have more often some lines behind each other but this happens just 3 or 4 times there is no real reason I can find out...

But the main problem in this is that the missing capacity is reducing my total capacity so that my simulation does not run right....

Siemens Phenom

Hello IceTea,

can you please provide a simulation model, so we can examine this in more detail?

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

By the way: It's almost always a good idea to directly attach the model to the first post, because with screenshots/descriptions only, we can also just guess where the problem might be.

Re: Capacity of Line does not work

Siemens Phenom

Probably you problem is related to booking point. When you see 4 parts on the current line, mu #1 is leaving it, with front on the next line. If booking point is on the next line, you SEE the whole MU on the next line, but actually it's back did not leave the current line and used capacity is still 5. When mu #1 leaves current line completely, mu #6 enters it, but as booking point is on the previous line, mu #6 is visualised on the previous line.

So you see 4 MUs, but actually there are 4 + part of 5-th. Try to watch contents in View menu on the line.line.png

Regards, Vladimir.