Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Carry part away from store

Creator
Creator
Hello everybody,
I'm a complete beginner in plant simulation and I'm struggling with the following problem I haven't found anything about in the forums:
A worker is to pick up a MU from a store and transfer it to a single proc / assembly station.
I have tried that so far via the "exit" at the store via "carry part away". But nothing is happening. If I use a buffer instead of the store, the worker performs the desired action. What is there to take special care of in the store and why does the worker not carry out this as desired? I need to do that via the store Smiley Sad(
Can someone please help me?
Thank you very much!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Carry part away from store

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

A Store doesn't trigger an ExitCtrl. Parts have to be removed from Stores always by method. Anyway the carriage can be done by Worker. Have a look into the attached model.

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Pioneer
Pioneer

@Eventdebugger

could you please save your model in PS 14.0?

I'm working currently with 14.0 and don't have access to download 14.1. Smiley Sad

Thank you in advance.

Siemens Phenom

Regards

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @Eventdebugger

thank you for your help.

I have some questions about your model.

1. why does the worker wait until the rack is full?

I tried to write if-clause to manipulate that the worke should carry a part immediately if a part appears. I writed my method in two ways (1st: numMU /= 0 and 2nd: Occupied = true). But neither of them works.

2. I'm not clear about logic of store. The control method should be in Exit, not Entrance.

Siemens Phenom

As  mentioned at the beginning of this thread, a Store doesn´t trigger an ExitCtrl at all. MUs contained in a Store have to be removed (by method). Thats how a Store works in reality too (someone or something has to go there and to pick the parts). In case you want to model a behavior as you described, you may think about utilizing i.e. a ParallelStation (usually ProcTime=0 in this case).

Regards