Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change 3D animation and graphics for PickAndPlace robot i Plant Simulation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, I'm new to Plant Simulation. I'm trying to figure out how to replace the existing PickAndPlace robot with other graphics so it will look like an existing robot. I've already tried once with some success. I managed to exchange all the major parts while in the existing PickAndPlace robot as to not tamper with the graphic structure and it looks reasonably like the robot in the plant but the animations are all wrong using .stp files. From what I have been able to work out .s3d files are the easiest way to do this however I do not have a .s3d file of a UR5 robot. Any suggestions how I can find one or anything else I can do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Change 3D animation and graphics for PickAndPlace robot i Plant Simulation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

As you already mentioned, .s3d files would have been the easiest way to do this.

But for that, someone first would have needed to create them in the first place (that file type is a Plant-Simulation-specific file type so they all originate from some Plant Simulation version).

If you cannot resort to an .s3d file, you will need to create the object structure by yourself.

To start, you need a 3D graphic file (for supported file types look into the type selection in the "import graphics" dialog) that you can import.

After that, there are a couple of threads already that cover the topic of building up the structure of a PickAndPlace so that it properly animates in 3D.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Phenom
Phenom

I've imported the UR5 geometry to Plant Simulation v14.1.

As you will notice , the axis of the UR5 do not match the axis of the

provided other robots.

Therfore I expect it's more to it than just exchanging the axis geometries

Unbenannt.PNG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Yes, quite a bit indeed.

That is what I meant with the part that hints to other threads. You will have to build up the animatable object hierarchy using Make Animatable Object and define which animatable object is responsible for animating carried MUs.

Look here for instance:

Create/Import PickandPlace Robot from External Source (NX)

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution
Highlighted

Phenom
Phenom

As a 1. step. here's an example how to structure and rotate the 6 axis for a robot (UR5) -

2. step could be, to implement an invers kinematics , so the robot (UR5) knows , how to move to a certain spot.

Unbenannt.PNG