Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change MUs after SingleProc

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello everyone,

I have two different MUs, one is called "Entity_A" and the other one is called "Entity_B". "Entity_A passes one SingleProc. I want to change from "Entity_A" to "Entity_B" before, after or while the Entity is going to the next station. For example, it is a sheet which is pressed to a door (Entity_A = sheet, Entity_B = door). How can I do this? Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7

Betreff: Change MUs after SingleProc

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello b1,

I wouldn't change the MU. If you are doing this, the capability for statistical evaluation will be lost.

You can just change the graphical representation to visualize the modifications of your MU.

For this ypou can use MU.currIconNo to set the current Icon in 2D. This can be done in an exit control.

Hope this helps.

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Siemens Phenom

Hello b1,

in 3D you can use 

@._3D.shiowGraphicGroup(<GraphicGroupName>)
@.3D.hideGraphicGroup(<GraphicGroupName>)

to switch to another graphical representation

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello GG,

thanks for your quick response.

In the first stage the capability of the statistical evaluation isn´t that important. I have a drain where my MUs get counted. Therefore I have some kind of stats. I just want to change the MU while producting.

Is this possible? For example with a method like:

if @.name = "Enitity_A"

vernichteBE

'create MU Entity_B'

Something like that

Is there any possibility to see if the change of the MU worked? For example in a table?

Thanks

Re: Change MUs after SingleProc

Siemens Phenom

What do you need exactly? You want to change the name, class or icon? Solution depends on your intention.

1) You can just change the name: @.Name := "Entity_B"

However it's only name - attributes, icons etc will remain.

2) You can delete old - create new:

@.delete

.MUs.Entity_B.create (?.succ)

You can just change the icon.

Also for example you can use container and create-delete parts inside while it travels through material flow.

Regards, Vladimir.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Vladimir,

just imagine you have a production line. Your campany is a car door manufacturer. The process to produce doors is:

1. step: Get parts from the warehouse (source, generates MU sheets)

2. step: Stamp the sheets in desired shape (Single Proc, Changes MU sheets into shapedSheets)

3. step: Press the sheets into 3D doors (Single Proc, Changes MU ShapedSheets into CarDoor)

4. step: Do rework (Single Proc, Changes MU CarDoor into FinishedDoor)

5. step: Store the doors in the warehouse (drain)

I have 4 different MUs. My process (steps) does not change. What I need is that every single proc creates its "own" MU after getting a MU from its predecessor.

My input at my first single proc is the MU "sheets", and my output should be the MU "shapedSheets".

The reason why I want to use different MUs is because my real physical object I produce also changes. After one process step I created a new component.

What I still need is a table for all my process steps to enter the number of produced "door" every 15 min. Buts thats maybe a topic for another discussion.

If you don´t know what I exactly mean than I will create a simple model and post it here.

Thanks for your help

Pioneer
Pioneer

Edit:

Just changing the name doesn´t make sense because my attributes of my real world physical model change. Some for just changing the icon.

Delete the MU on the single proc and create a new on the follow up single proc

Siemens Phenom

Hello,

you can have a look at the attached model. Here the MU is deleted using the exit control of the Station at the end of the processing time. This happens as the MU is about to exit the Station. Instead a new MU is created, which is immediately ready to exit and moves to the next station, so you don`t get any delays here. Did you mean to record the total output of doors in your model every 15 minutes? If that is the case, you could use a generator to call a method that writes into a table file the simulation time in the first column and the total output of doors measured at the drain in the second column. After every write command you increase a global variable i in your model, so the next time the write method is called it will write into the "ith" row. Each reset will set the variable i to one and delete the contents of your table file, or if you like you could also save it at this point in e.g. an Excel file. All of that you can also look up in the model, I hope this helps you to solve your task.

Kind regards,

Igor