Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change amount WorkerPool (SetCreationTable) during execution

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Good Morning.
I have a model some 'frames' with 'workerpools'. Each 'frame' will have a number of 'workers' to do the job, and this amount is in a table.
It turns out that in the method 'Init' I take the table information and write in WorkerPool (SetCreationTable), but I think this is done too late, as it has no effect.
How do I write the table WorkerPool in time to start a simulation, and also during the simulation?

3 REPLIES

Re: Change amount WorkerPool (SetCreationTable) during execution

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Henrique,

you have to use the Init interaction control of the event controller. (Event controller dialog -> Tools -> Edit Controls...)

This control is called before the workers in the worker pools are created.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for this advice. It drove me almost :-) crazy to set the amount of workers without experiment manager until I found this answer. Would be VERY nice to find this information in online-help e.g in the 'PredefinedNames>Init' section ...(at least I couldn't find it even after I knew the answer)

Best regards

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Well, I think the help is pretty good in this case (but it's true, there's always the problem of knowing where to look or to search for what Smiley Wink)

grafik.png