Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Icons of the worker

Builder
Builder

Hello All,

in my model, I am trying to use the Worker as a roboter and it worked well. But i am trying to change the graphics and icon of the worker in 2D as Well as 3D with a Robot looking like icons. But it is not happening. I am just not able to change the icons from the Icon editor or by any method. Can anyone tell me how to make the Worker look like a Robot ?

19 REPLIES

Re: Changing the Icons of the worker

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Are you changing icon of the worker class object or instance?

Builder
Builder

Hello S_J,

I want to change in the both and save the worker as a robot in the libaray.

But if t´does not work, then I just want to change the instance. My purpose is that the worker must look like a robot when I run the model.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The Worker from the standard library has a total of 4 icons. These have names that reflect possible states of the object (operational, failed, pause, working). Did you change all of them?

By opening the Worker class from the standard library in a 3D window, you can insert your own graphics: Right-mouse click > Open in 3D window, then Edit > Import graphics.

If you do it for an instance, you changes will be lost as soon as you reset the model.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Builder
Builder
Hello Nomdem,
I am able to do that in 3D but still cannot do it in 2D. How can I make it. By using the edit icon in the class, i tried to change it but even after trying to save after editing, the changes the lost and looks the same.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Please upload a model, so that we can see where it goes wrong.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

attached is an example model.

check for object named "Robot" in Resources folder of the class object, it is a worker object - duplicated, renamed and 2D icon edited

When you run the model Robot image is displayed on the workplace

Builder
Builder
I do not have the example becasue I cant change it. I drag the pick and place robot in the icon of the worker and try to save it but it dies not change in the model. Is there any thing I need to activate or de activate?

Builder
Builder
Hallo S_J,
unfortunately I am not able to open the model. My version is 13 and the error is showing that the model is of higher version.
Do you have a snapshopt or something that I can see
Thanks!!

perhaps you are editing the icon of the worker instance. 

You need to edit the icon of the class object. 

Open the worker pool, click on the creation table on attributes tab,  check for the address of the worker specified in the 1st column of the creation table (for e.g. *.Resources.Worker1). Go to the corresponding folder in the class library (For e.g. *.Resources ), select the Worker object specified in worker pool ("Worker1" here), edit and save the icons.