Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Chart for Workers custom services

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I have a model consisting of a lot of WorkPlaces attached to singleProcs and buffers etc. In this model, only one(1) worker is available, and walks to each workplace as it calls the worker.

I am attempting to have unique services for each workplace the worker walks to, and have a graph display the amount of time consumed by performing that specific service in a 100% stacked barchart.

Is there an easy way to do this by utilizing the services defined in the workpool/workplaces?

I was thinking of approaching the problem as described in this thread: [Thread] Custom Statistics

But given the fact that services are available to use with the workerpool, there must be a simpler way other than the approach I linked to.

Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Chart for Workers custom services

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello ET_Boys,

please have a look at the table serviceStat of the Broker. It should contain all the information you need.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Ralf, this was what I was looking for.

However, I cannot figure out how to make my model function correctly with custom services. I can't seem to find an example model in Plant Simulation that handles one(1) worker that can go to several objects each with their own unique service.

For example, my process flow looks like this:

Source --> SingleProc1 --> Buffer1 --> SingleProc2 --> Buffer2 --> Drain

SingleProc1 should have the service "Filling"

SingleProc2 should have the service "Emptying"

There is a WorkPlace connected to each object (SingleProc1, Buffer1, SingleProc2, Buffer2) since the worker should carry the MU between each station and stay there for its processing/dwell time.

My goal is that the worker goes to each respective station depending on what service has been called.

Do you know how I can do this or where I can find information about it?

Edit: Leaving everything to "StandardService" works fine, however since I want to gather statistics for the worker perfoming each service, I need the custom services. I don't understand how or what service i should input into each station so the worker moves between them.

Thank you.

Siemens Phenom

Hi ET_Boys,

the only thing you have to do is to give the worker the two services "Filling" and "Emptying".

It's probably worth to have a look in our samples collection.

On the start page select "Example Models", then load the "Small Examples" model.

In the dialog select category 'Resources' and topic 'Worker'. Then load "Type depending services".

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
When using the exit strategy "Carry Part Away," does the service defined in that object's window need to correspond to the service defined in the MU-target?

Siemens Phenom

No, they are not related, you are free to use a different service. But choosing the same is perfectly fine as well, if it makes sense for you.

Regards,

Ralf

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Okay, I am asking since my model keeps giving me an error about the wrong destination set for the carrying MU when the worker picks up the MU from the source and is to go to the target. This only happens when I change the services to something other than "StandardService", meaning I am not fully grasping how services, workplaces, objects and workers interact.

I looked at the example you suggested but it involves the creation of three workers going to different services. I would like one worker to be able to go to many other services, I just cannot figure it out.

One good example that would explain to me how to achieve this would be if the simplest example in the catalog (Worker introduction) only produced one(1) worker that would alternate between working and repairing, rather than creating two workers that do each service. How would that model change?

Thank you for your patience Smiley Happy

Siemens Phenom

I've attached a model where one worker does several tasks.

To make this possible you must make the service, which is responsible for work interruptible, since when the worker is working and the machine fails he has to get from working to repair. Also check the higher priority of the failure importer.

But even this model will eventually go to a deadlock since when the worker is carrying a part to SingleProc1 and SingleProc1 fails the worker cannot repair since he still has a part to deliver.

This could be solved by bringing the part to an entry buffer for SingleProc1 which makes sure that the part can always be delivered.

Regards,

Ralf

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you Ralf, excellent example.

Can the entry buffer you speak of be the same as the PartsBuffer used to offload a worker at the end of a shift, or do i explicitly need an entrance buffer to each process I want the worker to go to, and which can be interrupted?

Thank you very much!

Siemens Phenom

Using the parts buffer is difficult since the parts are then not automtically delivered to the right station. So I'd recommend a buffer in front of each station which is connected to the station. So every part in the buffer will automtically be delivered to the station as soon as the station can accept a new part.

Regards,

Ralf