Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Chart for Workers custom services

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your suggestions RalfTobel,

With your example I have managed to program the services correctly Smiley Happy However, to trigger part removal from a SingleProc in my model, I need to use an Exit Control on the SingleProc to first wait for a variable to be true, and then "call" the operator to carry the part away using the @.move command. The problem is that when the operator comes and gets the part, the exit control of the SingleProc is triggered once again, even though I have checked "Exit control once".

I suspect I am understanding something wrong with how "Exit Control Once" works with workers and the @.move command.

Thank you!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello ET_Boys,

this doesn't seem to be the correct.

Can you post a model which shows the described behavior?

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have attached a model where i suspect this problem is happening. SingleProc1 fires twice, once when it calls the operator, and another time when the operator arrives to pick up the part. "Exit Control Once" is ticked in SingleProc1.

Thank you for your help.

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

up to now the exitControlOnce-setting only was considered when a MU was unblocked from a station. But ist makes sense also for the "carry part away" exit strategy. We will change the behavior in the next maintanance pack.

Kind regards

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Is there a way to call an operator to a station without using the "move;" command?

I have a SingleProc tied to a processing-service (tab "Importer") called "Process" which I have set to be uninterruptable, but my model is not functioning as expected.

I need to call the worker to the SingleProc without having the worker carry the part away, hence the desire to call an operator to a station without the "move;"-command. In essence, I want the worker to be able to leave a part at a station, do other jobs in the mean time, and when a specific event happens, the worker goes back to the station it left the part at to process the part, then carry it away.

Thank you.

Siemens Phenom

Hello,

I am not sure whether I have understood your problem. In the attached model the worker carries the part to SingleProc2. In the receive control of this station the worker will be released and after 60 seconds a new import will be started. When he arrives again the processing will be started and after that he carries the part to station singleproc1.

During the 60 seconds he works at station singleproc3.

Important is that the importers at singleproc2 have a high priority and that the other importers are interruptible.

Hope this model will fulfill your need.

Kind regards

Karola

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you very much, your model is exactly what I am looking for! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have another question;

Referring to my posts above about using the Broker.serviceStat to monitor the time distribution of the worker between services, one of my services counts the time even though my operator is not present at the station. I have tried replicating your example of ?.imp.startProcessing but the time in the broker statistics for the service is increased before the operator has a chance to reach the station.

How can force the broker statistics for a specific service to only increase the service's time when the operator is present at the station requesting the service? Right now it seems like the broker statistics increase the time for the service as soon as it is called, instead of waiting for the operator to arrive.

I hope you understand my problem. Thank you.

Edit:

This also seems to be the case in the example model KarolaMock posted. The operator stays at the station for processing, but the service statistics start counting once the service is called (?.imp.import) instead of waiting for the operator to arrive to the station.

Siemens Phenom

You are right, in the broker statistics the time will be increased as soon as the service is mediated. This includes the time the worker is on the way to the station.

Perhaps the worker statistics can help you. Here you can see the time the worker really works, when he is transporting or en route to job.

Kind regards

Karola