Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection two models

Builder
Builder

Hello Community!!

I have two big models and I have to connect both the models to form one final model. Offcourse I am trying to do that by saving the other model as frams and then loading the frame in the first model and connecting it. But nonetheless it makes the task really cumbersome. Since there are many methods and objects and the paths of the methos and objects changes. It doesnot works and the only way seems to be working is to gain customise everything. 

Is there any alternate way or any trick to do it in a better way. Is it possible to just connect the models quickly and nopt without redoing everything from the beginning?

Thanks in Advance!!

4 REPLIES

Re: Connection two models

Legend
Legend

Hi Parashar, 

This is not a solution just my experience. 

This is very interesting question. I have integrated plenty of models. I faced the same problem at first. Over the period of time I learned that there are some best practices to follow, if you want to integrate it in future.  For example customise as many objects as you can, espesially the once in which you are using the "user defined attributes", give unique names to the class objects, and plenty of things to keep in mind. The basic thing is you should have a plan if you want to integrate two models. 

If you make a best practice of using a parent-child hierarchy objects, unique naming etc. in every model you work on, you dont have to worry about integration, coz most of your objects are retained and then you just have to insert the model into the main model. 

I am using this approach in each and every model i work on, so if I want to intergrate in future it saves lot of effort. 

Sachin

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello k_parashar,

when you load a obj file into a class library of a spp file then you will receive conflicts and Plant Simulation asks what do you want to do (see attachment). To avoid these conflicts you should define large model components which are using own classes. To generate such large components you will load an obj file into an empty class library and move the used classs (especially the basic objects) to a single folder and save the obj file again.

Regards,

Peter

Builder
Builder
I think you are right. Naming the object properly and developing a common approach and using it for every connections can make the task easy. The most time consuming thing is when I need to reassign all the methods at the right place after the connection. it makes the task really complicated if there are many methods

Builder
Builder
Hi Peter,
How do you deal with the methods which you need to reassign after the connections. Is there any short way to do that and save time ?