Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correlation between Foot path of Worker and Throughput of the machine

Hello Guys,

Please find scenario of my simulation model below.

1) Operator A -> Starts from Worker pool, walks to storage area-> Picks up a Tray-> Walks towards Machine for processing-> feeds the part to input station-> Collects the output from machine A-> Walks towards Machine C-> Feeds the part to Machine C.

2) Operator B -> Starts from Worker pool, walks to storage area-> Picks up a Tray-> Walks towards Machine B for processing-> feeds the part to input station-> Collects the output from machine B-> Walks towards Machine C-> Feeds the part to Machine C.

My query is:-

1) If the storage area is near Machine area, throughput for 7.25 hours is 112.

2) When I moved the storage area far away from Machine Area, I have created long footpath for operator movement. This should increase walking time of operator ,thus resulting increase in waiting time  for the machines resulting in reduced throughput.

But the longer footpath has no effect on throughput - it remains 112.

Intention of the simulation is to validate location of storage area and how it affects throughput with constant walking of operator covering longer distances.

Appreciate support from anyone!!!!

6 REPLIES

Betreff: Correlation between Foot path of Worker and Throughput of the machine

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Balaji Sridhar,

can you please provide your simulation model?

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Hello,

Please find Simulation model attached.

I have 1 more query.

Operator A: From Buffer 4 he has to take Carrier_plate and feed it to Conveyor1(through Carrier_Transfer station) but I don't want him to wait till the part reaches conveyor end.

Operator B: From Buffer 6 he has to take Carrier_plate and feed it to Conveyor11(through Carrier_Transfer1 station) but I don't want him to wait till the part reaches conveyor end.

The idea is to introduce a KaraKuri conveyor so that operator just loads carrier_plate and continues with his work.

Thanks in advance for addressing both queries.

Hello Guys,

Any response to my queries?

Thanks,

Balaji S

Hello Experts,

Any response to my query?

Siemens Phenom

The bottleneck is the station "Shaft diameter". The worker must wait before Buffer2 and cannot deliver the part because conveyor and Buffer2 are full.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Siemens Phenom

you can see in the statistics of the worker that they are waiting 50 and over 60%

Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.