Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cranes

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Everyone.

Is there a way (method) where I can make my cranes start directly where it is being called instead of waiting for it to move along the portal to the desired destination as the event controller starts counting? It takes too long to get to where it is called and therefore affects the expected throughput per day. We tried adjusting the speed and making the length of the portal as short as possible.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Cranes

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello LeratoESTEQ,

what do you want to simulate with the PortalCrane library?

Can you explain, how the real system is working?

The purpose of the POrtalCrane library is to simulate the time delay caused by the movement of the portals.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi GG.

Thank you for the reply.
We are simulating train waggons being moved from one process to another by multiple cranes within a bay facility.
We were given a list of activities that take place as well as their processing times, these times include crane movement times.
The real system: As soon as the first activity starts at station1 (Loading of Side sills), the crane is already at station one, ready to be loaded.
In our simulation though, the crane takes almost an entire day to move to station 1 so that the first activity (Loading of Sills) can take place.

I hope bit of information helps!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello LeratoESTEQ,

you can use Portal.movePosition(x,y) to move the portal to the place where the first activity will start. This can be done before the first waggon arrives at this position.

Hope this will help.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi GG.

It most definitely will! Thank you so much.

I will get onto it right away.

Kind Regards,

Lerato